Page 117 of 152 FirstFirst ... 97107112113114115116117118119120121122127137 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

I'm surprised that more former players have not come forward to sue the clubs, whether it be the Sharks, Panther, Knights or whoever, especially now with their being some evidence to suggest that in the long term, the substances that were given can be very harmful.

I know if I was told to take something by a trusted club medico that turned out to be illegal and potentially dangerous down the line, I'd be more than upset.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Giants first interstate win, biggest winning margin, and highest ever score! Yeah, I'm pretty chuffed right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Enjoy the win. Could be the start of a string of multiple wins in a row.
    I called it. (Giants victorious over Blues on the weekend).

Ha! Anytime an interstate team beats a Melbourne team I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I know if I was told to take something by a trusted club medico that turned out to be illegal and potentially dangerous down the line, I'd be more than upset.
    For sure - especially if it said not for human use!!! I think that was part of Isacc gordons? evidence. Basically footballers shouldn't be afraid of ASADA - unless they are trying to get some sort of illegal advantage.

Very well done I watched the Footy Show last Thursday night (it's on at 11.30 PM up here) and Billy Brownless was the only panel member who picked the Giants. Having gone to the game yesterday and mingling with the players post-match, I can tell you that there's a fair amount of confidence building amongst the group. This Saturday night will be a real test against the Swans at the SCG. They'll be out for redemption after we flogged them in round one.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This quick video meme pretty much sums up the result of the Germany v Brazil game
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...185570&fref=nf

Brutal German efficiency is brutal.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The humiliation continues...

^ Gold

So ASADA have released their findings and given all players a weak excuse for a punishment.

I have many conflicting feelings about all of this and the massive witch hunt it turned out it wasn't...

While I have always felt for the players in all of this due to their following of team coaching staff directions, and it have always felt that players who only were injected at the clubs behest were betrayed, and that Flanagan and the other coaching staff got away with a tiny punishment for what they did. The players claiming what they took was not illegal is a lie, and saying they took nothing too bad also a lie, as other players are still in the prices of using the club.
    Players who visited Dank's home to get extra injections deserve life bans.

It is also the players responsibili to ensure what they use is legal, again, they were betrayed by their coaching staff, but the swimmers, runners and other athletes would have received a much more strict ban. Having a retro active ban is just a joke and does boing to deter the thought of drug cheating in the future. I'll be surprised if WADA do not step in and alter it in some form.

What disgusts me the most is that the players got to play all year and all game records are kept. They should lose all stats, match numbers etc from the last 12 months at the very least. I do not think that it's overly fair punishing the players now, when they were drugged up in 2011, and their 2011 records should be wiped, but they should be lucky they were given this light rap on the hand, and are essentially being given a 3 week holiday.

I could do without having Gallen on the radio or tv anymore, and all media outlets that have employed him should have dropped him immediately, but it was never going to happen, get didn't do it for drug cheat Warne, so they won't do it for drug cheat Gallen.

The whole coaching staff responsible for the drug cheating decisions should be sacked, and the players given true punishments that other athletes would have received so this could all just be done with. As it is, it is a weak and unexplainable series of events that will continue to dominate the media and finals this year, unless A high profile player urinates in his mouth or a lead player says something strident all about heir coach.

Everything was botched from the get go and now here is a rush to wipe everything under the carpet and try to move on. Save Smith should have taken a lead role and has done nothing but moddle coddle the players.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

^^ as above. The fans won't forget so hopefully he gets reminded of it every single match next year.

I'm still waiting for the investigation into the bronco's salary cap breach. Apparently it was worse (ie more $) than the Storm but they have been sweeping it under the carpet too.