Page 85 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6575808182838485868788899095105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

49ers leading 17-3 at the half. I would never have thought we'd be 6-1 after the bye week with a 4 game lead in the NFC West
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Isaac Luke is looking to be tackled into dust upon his return to the NRL next season...

Not really going to bother with the world cup until the finals, the standards of reffing and playing will be worse than a Canberra vs. Eels NRL match.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Isaac Luke is looking to be tackled into dust upon his return to the NRL next season...

Not really going to bother with the world cup until the finals, the standards of reffing and playing will be worse than a Canberra vs. Eels NRL match.
    Is it Luke making the decision to tackle this way or Kearney coaching him to tackle that way? I'm just wondering if it will become an Eels tactic next year.

Good to see the Golden Lions win the Currie Cup final against the Sharks. Since South Africa departed the World Cup earlier then expected the Sharks got to use their Springboks in the final (all 7-8 of them I believe) while the Lions had Butch James on the bench. Didn't help the Sharks at all. The Lions really played for each other and proved that a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Rob Lui is gone to the cowboys. Apparently Moltzen will be out for a while with shoulder surgery though. Guess young Miller has to step up

Des is gone from the Eagles... wonder if the Dogs will pick his contract up a year early.

Sharks have plenty of 6,7 and 9's next year. Interesting to see what combination they finally settle on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Rob Lui is gone to the cowboys. Apparently Moltzen will be out for a while with shoulder surgery though. Guess young Miller has to step up
    Tigers have the depth, and better to blood young raw players at season start than season end. Lui is as much on his last chance as Myles and Carney.

The number of big injuries on the 4 Nations series is getting worrying..

Des is gone from the Eagles... wonder if the Dogs will pick his contract up a year early.
    Would have to be idiots not to. Should be interesting to see how Manly fare, Toovey should be able to more or less copy this years gameplans and succeed since he has the same team. Hopefully the dogs stay smart and dont buy the Stewarts and Lussicks and other Eagle trash.

Sharks have plenty of 6,7 and 9's next year. Interesting to see what combination they finally settle on.
    Maybe a case of too much choice as opposed to none these past few years. Feel sorry for Flanagan, he needs time to work out his best combos, but if the Sharks dont improve a lot and win most of their games early then his head will be on the block before he can settle things down.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Rumors are Wade G. Will be shifting positions with Todd C and Chad T in the middle (with Chad been rotated in and out) Cronulla has always used the two Hooker option which will probably be John M and Isaac DG plenty of front rowers too with Jon green, Ben Ross and Gibbs joining (don't think they will fill the void of Douglas/snowden tho not that I think snow den was that effective this year)

Will be interesting to see how Todd goes too. If he struggles like Tim smith did or finds form again

On Lui I think comparing them to carney and Myles isn't really fair.. Carney and miles haven't hit a woman yet.... It a different level of grub
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Very sad as he was a consumate professional in all areas & a bloody great asset to Newcastle when he played for them.

Was shocked to hear the news about Speed yesterday.

He appearred on Football Focus on Saturday and was by all accounts happy and talkative.

RIP
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.