Page 63 of 154 FirstFirst ... 435358596061626364656667687383 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Nightcrawler is excellent
    Actually made me see that Jake G has some talent. Great take on the world we live in and the media
    hmm...Time for me to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Finally watched 'Frozen'. I fail to see what the big deal is, everyone seems to love this flick but I was very underwhelmed and actually fell asleep at one point. This says a lot since I really love animated flicks
    Whaaaaaaat
    My eldest girl saw it when first released and I had no idea what she was on about, I finally watched it with my 2 yo about a month ago and I reckon I've seen it about 20 times since with her, she even convinced me to buy the soundtrack on iTunes.
    I was actually surprised that she liked it, her usual movie routine consist of rotating through the tf movies, prime and g1 (she calls it more than meets the eyes)

When you're at a kids party and you play this movie, all of them will be behaved
    Some might sing

just watch jupiter ascending.... it a good scifi movie with some amazing special effect, the best i seen in awhile... but it has lots of element been borrowed from other films like dune and matrix .....The story is just average, but the story universe is very well design , which kind of remind me of fifth element in style ... I just love these big budget sci fi movies and i think the critic score a bit too harsh ...the acting is just a pass as well as i don't see any chemistry between the two leading actor...they there for the teens crowd... Of cause you're not expecting an epic tale from it ...it was just a fun ride.... I would recommend this movie to be seen in the cinema just for the 3d special effect as it a visual specular ...but if story and acting is a big factor for you then you can skip it...
    I think this movie will be popular later on and would have it own cult following in the like of the chronicles of riddick and dune .

Just saw 'Battleship' for the first time. Very my kind of movie - all giant guns and alien battles with sweet f-all believable storyline

Watched 50 Shades of Grey.

To be honest I knew they wouldn't be able to condense the whole book into a 2 hour but I was dissapointed that there were some sections not included in the film. Primarily why Christian Grey is attracted to Anastasia Steele. In the movie it's unexplained. This bumbling, innocent girl walks into the office of a billionaire single man and he is blown away by her. In the book, the conversation is more in depth and shows a more emotional connection. He also has an unlimited supply of attractive blondes working in his office, the book explains why he is not attracted to those women. I did laugh in one scene when Grey is giving Ana a tour of his apartment and comes up to a locked room and says "This is my playroom" and she says "Where you keep your X-Box?"

Overall yes it's stupid. No, it does not promote abuse. If this film promotes abuse the Hunger Games promotes child slaughter. It's a work of fiction used as escapism. It's not an academy award winner but it beats Weekend at Bernies 2.

Also it is only romantic because he is rich. If the dude lived in a trailer it would be an episode of Criminal Minds.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Watched 50 Shades of Grey.
    Stop right there!

I have lost all respect for you.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Stop right there!

I have lost all respect for you.
    Did you have any to begin with?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

At least tell us the missus dragged you to it....
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Why the criticisms thrown at Man of Steel were baseless
    ^Very well thought out and put together rebuttals against some of the common criticisms towards Man of Steel, although it confirms one of my main criticisms of Man of Steel -- that the antagonist (Zod) got better character development than the protagonist (Superman), thus eliciting the audience to empathise more with the villain rather than the hero.