Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron official pictures

bowspearer Guest

Never thought I'd say this, but that price made me feel sick. $356 (which may not even include GST) is a bridge too far. I'll get this thing only if it shelfwarms and the price gets the guts slashed out of it on HLJ.

TLTC's preorder is up. $389. No matter where I get him from I'm going to be having to budget carefully to afford him.

https://www.thelittletoycompany.com....wars-pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Never thought I'd say this, but that price made me feel sick. $356 (which may not even include GST) is a bridge too far. I'll get this thing only if it shelfwarms and the price gets the guts slashed out of it on HLJ.
    $353.32 including gst at current rate plus post.

Seems fine, I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    $353.32 including gst at current rate plus post.

Seems fine, I won't be losing any sleep over it.
    Are you sure that includes GST? I can't see anything that says GST included on that page.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Are you sure that includes GST? I can't see anything that says GST included on that page.
    Sorry Delta, I should have clarified - Y26670 + 10% = Y29337 / exchange rate of 83 = Around A$353

Ok, so does AmiAmi charge up front or upon release? I've never used these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Sorry Delta, I should have clarified - Y26670 + 10% = Y29337 / exchange rate of 83 = Around A$353

Just remember that the official exchange rate is mid-way between the two actual exchange rates used by financial institutions (about 2-4% on each side of the official rate)... so if you are using a Credit Card, it would end up being around AU$370.
    Shipping on top of that will probably top $400 if sent on its own... and that's from the site that is likely to be the cheapest option.
    HLJ looks like it will be about AU$400 (with GST) before shipping.

Not to mention that is based on today's exchange rate. We have no idea where it will be in January. But I'm thinking I might try AmiAmi with their price.

$311 at AE without gst and shipping

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just remember that the official exchange rate is mid-way between the two actual exchange rates used by financial institutions (about 2-4% on each side of the official rate)... so if you are using a Credit Card, it would end up being around AU$370.
    Shipping on top of that will probably top $400 if sent on its own... and that's from the site that is likely to be the cheapest option.
    HLJ looks like it will be about AU$400 (with GST) before shipping.
    Fair point!

As a side note, now that we're all getting slapped with GST, I would encourage anyone who hasn't already to sign up for one of the Citibank international conversion fee-free debit cards. Claw back some of those few precious dollars!