Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

My Ultimate Collectors Edition box set came in today! It's very cool. Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get a few more signatures on it.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    - Sealed box of Myclones series 2

Nice one!

And *Cough* if you want to get rid of any extras *Cough Cough*

I don't usually post here, but I feel like this is a special occasion since in my head, I feel like I just won the acquisitions thread.

In 1986 I walked into a newsagent and bought my first issue of Marvel's Transformers UK - #81. If I had not bought that comic book I would most certainly not be here now. I now own Jeff Anderson's original art for the consecutive pages 4 and 5. Even though they're over a quarter of a century old, they look even crisper than they would if I just pencilled and inked them myself today. They may well be the most beautiful things I have ever or will ever own.

Until yesterday, there was only one mainstream-released Transformer I was still actively looking for - Transmetal (I) Spittor. I wandered into a comic shop yesterday, and there he was, just hanging on the pegs for fifteen pounds ($22). (The shop had heaps of 'Euro' exclusives just hanging there, including a Γίγαντας [Greek Huffer, who is one of my grails, but for £50, not something I could really justify buying while out shopping with my wife. I was also super-tempted by Εγκέφαλος - Greek Brawn for £40 - his name is "Brain", and he's a toy I would just love to have for the whole Brain vs Brawn symmetry.]) I will open up Spittor shortly, so when I return home he can hang out at Niagara Base with Diver and Transmetal Claw Jaw.

And they also had the gatefold version of More Than Meets The Eye #1, which I bought because I feel like it's truly a milestone issue and I only had the Ratchet cover before.

Pictures!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Congratulations.

Those are some great pages, and have been very well kept.

I think I saw that Spittor in the same shop during my trip last year but didn't know it was anyone's grail (but did mentioned it to someone else here when he said he was also looking for it). The shop had a Greek Seaspray at the time too.

Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

@ Sky Shadow - Absolutely stunning Congratulations mate
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I don't usually post here, but I feel like this is a special occasion since in my head, I feel like I just won the acquisitions thread.

In 1986 I walked into a newsagent and bought my first issue of Marvel's Transformers UK - #81. If I had not bought that comic book I would most certainly not be here now. I now own Jeff Anderson's original art for the consecutive pages 4 and 5. Even though they're over a quarter of a century old, they look even crisper than they would if I just pencilled and inked them myself today. They may well be the most beautiful things I have ever or will ever own.

Until yesterday, there was only one mainstream-released Transformer I was still actively looking for - Transmetal (I) Spittor. I wandered into a comic shop yesterday, and there he was, just hanging on the pegs for fifteen pounds ($22). (The shop had heaps of 'Euro' exclusives just hanging there, including a Γίγαντας [Greek Huffer, who is one of my grails, but for £50, not something I could really justify buying while out shopping with my wife. I was also super-tempted by Εγκέφαλος - Greek Brawn for £40 - his name is "Brain", and he's a toy I would just love to have for the whole Brain vs Brawn symmetry.]) I will open up Spittor shortly, so when I return home he can hang out at Niagara Base with Diver and Transmetal Claw Jaw.

And they also had the gatefold version of More Than Meets The Eye #1, which I bought because I feel like it's truly a milestone issue and I only had the Ratchet cover before.
    Look at that little guy!! he's awesome. Get some pics up when you open him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Until yesterday, there was only one mainstream-released Transformer I was still actively looking for - Transmetal (I) Spittor. I wandered into a comic shop yesterday, and there he was, just hanging on the pegs for fifteen pounds ($22). ... I will open up Spittor shortly, so when I return home he can hang out at Niagara Base with Diver and Transmetal Claw Jaw.
    Delicious!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Sky Shadow: did you get the "transforming" drinking glass with Spittor? (cos all the UK exclusive Transmetals are meant to come with one). It's nothing fantastic, but just wondering. You gonna get those pages framed?