Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lying :l

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Default Lying :l

For some reason, this topic has been on my mind lately.

Has lying become a natural instinct for you? I find myself lying about everything (except TFs , that is). Whenever a family member asks me about something, The instinct to lie comes first before telling the truth .

For example,
    My Mum asked me the other day "Where did you go?". I saw my girl but instead I said "I went to the gym" & I thought nothing of it.

My Sis asked me the other day "Did you get any new transformers this week?". I've acquired 4 this week but I said "No" & again I thought nothing of it.

My Old Man asked me today "When was the last time you checked the oil in your car?". I told him "I topped it up a couple of weeks ago" when the truth is I honestly can't remember the last time I checked the oil. Another Lie & once again I thought nothing of it.

Man, I feel like a really bad person in that I lie so often & this frequency to lie about every single little thing doesn't play on my conscience at all.

The biggest/most elaborate lies I've ever told (& gotten away with them) occured when I was at Uni. There was this Position Paper (1500 words) in 2nd year & I felt like plagiarising the whole thing. So what I did was straight-out copy a bunch of quotes from 6-7 texts onto pieces of paper. Then I re-arranged them into something that made sense, handed it in & ended up getting a distinction for it. That's right, the whole assignment was plagiarised & I didn't care.

In teaching/education uni courses, you have to do practice teaching blocks where you also keep a diary/log book of everything you do during the length of your practicum. Well in my 3rd Practicum, I never kept a diary/log book during the length of the practicum so... I filled in my diary/log book with complete bullsh#t . I ended up getting a credit for it.

In my 4th year Practicum, We had to organise our Practicum ourself. I couldn't have been bothered even getting in touch with the school so... I wrote a diary/log book completely full of bullsh#t. It was 100% lies (Remember, I didn't teach a single hour of practical teaching during this year of Uni) & I ended up getting a distinction for it. Unbelievable! Man, my lies were so elaborate & so believable that no one at Uni even questioned their truthfulness even once!

I know I'm going to hell (for lying reasons alone) but I was wondering - Does anyone else lie as much as me during a normal day & not think twice about it?

Oh & who's a bigger liar - George Costanza or Me?

Talking

I love to lie - but I do it to see how long I can carry the charade on for before it becomes unbelievably implausible. Like last night, whilst watching the game between the Warriors and Rabbitohs, I told my wife I went to school with Isaac Luke (Rabbitohs player) and kept on going with it until she figured out that I was full of shit. She believed everything I spun, and I kept on getting more ridiculous with the nature of my relationship with him (like when I told her I used to train with his older brother in high school even though I never played a game of football in my life!!) and she believed me until until I got to the part I told her that I was going to his older brother's wedding next month (we are already totally booked out for the next 6 weeks). And the funny thing is, she knows I do this all the time and yet she always believes me! So I do lie, but not instinctively (although some might argue it) but only for a laugh and to see how far I can go with it. And thats no lie!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

OH what a tangled web we weave when first we start to deceive. I don't know if that's the correct wording but near enough to get the point across.

I'd probably lie more if I actually had any secrets.

Although that was a lie.

Really tho, I don't bother - it's seldom worth the effort and then having to remember what you said at a later time.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I don't like to lie as a rule, but i do need to bend the truth a lot.

I can see that I'm not the biggest "twister of the truth" here (& that's probably a good thing )

I never lie.

But maybe that's a lie... :P

i dont lie too often, over the past 3 years ive cut down on it

My problem is i come up with elaborate lies, that need maintenance and add ons occassionaly to make them more believable

Firinstance, i lied to 2 older women but because of the lies, lets just say ive become 'closer' to them

I also lie to my friends, sometimes i cant be bothered letting them come over or feel like going out, lately i go to bed at 10ish

But, i fortunately my religion has confession, im sure im abusing the system

Also, my lies are so good, that they are 95% believable, thats not a lie

Ive come up with some really convinicing ones over the years, when i was 6 i got a bully in trouble at school. I wrote an abusive letter to myself and put his name on it, scared the excretement out of him.

But i think lying should be discouraged, tis bad for the soul, and if your not experienced like me your'e liable to be unconvincing.

I shoulda been an actor or a lawyer or a politician, my lies are that great

Roller , I think you're beyond help...

I tell the odd white lie here and there.

What I'm guilty of is in my line of work I deal with multiple customers that I only see every 8-10 months. To make conversations interesting with these customers while I drive them around I telll stories that others have told me but make them my own. Guess thats lying too.