Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lying :l

i had the same experiment

i was the only person in my class to do it, the teacher was hottttttt!!!

everyone else copied the results off the internet

"I lie a lot - it's really useful"

- Morrissey.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

"is that a real rolex you're wearing?!"
    "yessss....."

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    (2) If you have to copy, then copy from someone who's ACTUALLY smart.
    I was wondering if they copied from some REALLY smart kid who gave them a 'special' version of the answers to crib from...

I used to lie about my homework at school. Never did it, but I some how managed to get decent grades, so my teachers just assumed I had done it and was just too un-organised to get it in.
    I also lie about my collection to my parents/girl friend.
    If I buy something I will talk down the size or talk up a saving. If I buy 4 I'll say I got 2, or say I got 2 for 1 or something like that.
    But that is really the extent of it.
    I try my best to be honest, it is just things like that that I lie about because I know that they will react badly if I was honest and that the reason behind their view is mostly opinion about Transformers
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

just do what i do avoid lying. like right now ive got some transformers sitting in the boot of my car i dont have to lie about how much all of these cost cause no-one has seen them and i dont get grilled about them and i just steadily open them up and display them 1 by 1 and no one notices

I have to lie to customers all the time to cover our usless mechanics at work. The stress of it all is really starting to get to me

I think sometimes we lie not because we wish to deceive others or hide the truth, but because for some trivial matters explaining them in full detail would take too much time and too many words. So we lie to stop to satisfy the person who asks.

At other times because we have done something potentially socially embarrassing or harmful (perhaps not physically, but in an "immoral" way), we lie to cover ourselves.

The thing is, no matter the reason, the more we lie, the easier it is to continue to lie. Intention gives rise to decision, decision leads to action, action becomes habit, so that eventually lying seems to take no conscious effort, and our consciences in this context are made useless.

We may also discover that at times in order to make a lie valid, we have to tell another lie to cover the previous one, and so on and so forth.

I think the fact that lying disturbs us is a good sign. When at times I feel tempted to lie, I ask myself "Would I want other people to lie to me? Would I want to always be suspicious of what someone is telling me?". (Just think about having to deal with liars on eBay)

Telling the truth, especially when it can cost us, feels foolish and lying seems the more sensible (and easier) option. But if there's one thing I've learnt from the Autobots, it's that doing what's right is often hard, and does often cost us.
    Last edited by Sam; 8th July 2008 at 12:04 PM.

I lie for a living! Well, I'm not in advertising or marketing, but I am "instructed" to say things...
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I absolutely loath lying and will only do so to get myself or friends out of trouble.

I consider Truth and the pursuit of it to be the noblest of virtues. I have been told by parents and colleagues that I am 'too honest' and can be brutal with the Truth (were the mods to allow it)

When you lie you are not real. The face you are showing is not a true thing. You are fake, false and wasting your existence.

The Truth shall set you free and I've found, especially in my relationships, that if I'm upfront and honest about my needs and wants I am more able to indulge them.
    Have nothing hidden so you fear nothing.

something potentially socially embarrassing or harmful (perhaps not physically, but in an "immoral" way),
    Embarrassment like jealousy and shame are weaknesses I have long since eradicated from my psyche.
    As for 'immoral', that is a subjective opinion. There are those that may consider me immoral for my views but then I would conversely consider them the same for being prudish, small-minded wowsers.