Page 413 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 393403408409410411412413414415416417418423433 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    why are the jap release toys sooooo expensive compared to their o/seas counterparts?
    Those extra paint apps and details and shiny paint that collectors want? That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    admittedly i've been buying from ebay.... but can anyone point me in the direction of them at a reasnoble price? or do i have to just suck it up... and pay $50 - $60 each for them. lol
    Try places like FantoFan.jp HLJ.com or Robotkingdom. Getting in on preorders and group orders might help you save a little bit too, but in general you're not going to get anything from Japan at the same price as a Hasbro toy locally.

thanks paul.... i'll give them a look after work. ( damn shiny paint... lol )

janda

Is there any difference between Overlords and Metroplex's small black missiles? They appear the same on TFU....

Does G1 Optimus Prime have copyright stampings on the cab, or is it just the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Is there any difference between Overlords and Metroplex's small black missiles? They appear the same on TFU....
    I don't have an Overlord, but I'm positive they have the same black missiles

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I don't have an Overlord, but I'm positive they have the same black missiles
    Really? That's useful to know - there are often otherwise-complete-Overlords-except-for-the-missiles on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    They look the same, but they're not. There's a tiny bit of difference between the 2. Attachment 4217

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    Does G1 Optimus Prime have copyright stampings on the cab, or is it just the trailer?
    There is no copyright stampings on the cab, its only on the trailer, but I might be wrong on that.

I'm new to the TF comics/graphic novels, other than the few I read as a kid (and I have no idea which they were as they belonged to a friend). I've read Last Stand of the Wreckers and I'm just wondering where to go from here? What is the best series to read first and where can I buy copies from? I bought the Bumblebee one Target have because it was only $7.88 but I'm assuming I need some backstory? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    I'm new to the TF comics/graphic novels, other than the few I read as a kid (and I have no idea which they were as they belonged to a friend). I've read Last Stand of the Wreckers and I'm just wondering where to go from here? What is the best series to read first and where can I buy copies from? I bought the Bumblebee one Target have because it was only $7.88 but I'm assuming I need some backstory? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    A lot of people will recommend the original G1 Marvel series, as they are very much a bible of sorts to G1 but also because the writing is incredibly good.
    You'd be in luck with these, as IDW has announced that they will be reprinting the entire G1 run - I just don't know when these will be available for purchase.

I'm currently reading through them myself, up to the 3rd out of 4 Headmaster Comics, and I can vouch for their awesomeness but I chose a slightly expensive route with these as I've been collecting the Titan Books G1 Marvel Reprints (Hardcover), as up until now they were the best reprints you could get - Short of getting the original comics themselves.

I hope this gives you an idea at least Jena.