View Poll Results: Is Bumblebee worth watching in cinemas?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 88.24%
  • No

2 5.88%
  • Unsure

2 5.88%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Please watch BUMBLEBEE in cinemas (NO SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Here's the thing... love or hate Bumblebee, the fact is that the Transformers film franchise needed something DIFFERENT. If Bayformers is more your thing, great, but there are 5 other movies for you to rewatch and enjoy. But it was just getting repetitive. Bumblebee is such a breath of fresh air. And I don't want future Transformers movies to necessarily repeat Bumblebee's plot either, cos we don't want that to get stale either.
    EXACTLY this. Regardless of what comes forward, the feeling this movie gave me permanently etches it into my heart and mind as the 'go-to' live action transformers movie from here on in. It'll be really tough to beat for me and actually quite difficult (and in some cases, uncomfortable, i'm looking at YOU TLK) to watch the others. I'll still enjoy them, but for what they were, an attempt to bring life to my favourite little plastic transforming toys but never quite hitting the mark. I have a feeling i'll always enjoy Bumblebee for what it IS (note not past tense, and sorry if I've mucked up my English there Goktimus )

According to a couple of news stories yesterday theBee movie is approaching $300m and had a great China debut so is now outperforming Aquaman. It’s also left behind the newSpiderman and Mary Poppins flicks so I reckon it’s doing fine

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    According to a couple of news stories yesterday theBee movie is approaching $300m and had a great China debut so is now outperforming Aquaman. It’s also left behind the newSpiderman and Mary Poppins flicks so I reckon it’s doing fine
    There's still Japan to go as well, in March.

I just got back from watching Bumblebee, pretty solid movie, human leads actually have depth, growth and are not annoying.

Really hope Lindsay Ellis does a video essay comparing the 2007 movie to Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It’s also left behind the newSpiderman and Mary Poppins flicks so I reckon it’s doing fine
    Probably not the highest bench mark out there, but still good news.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

My daughter and I watched it for the second time yesterday. We both enjoyed it more than the first viewing. Very re-watchable (I'm sure there's a better term than this) movie that will have long-term appeal IMHO.

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    My daughter and I watched it for the second time yesterday. We both enjoyed it more than the first viewing. Very re-watchable (I'm sure there's a better term than this) movie that will have long-term appeal IMHO.

It has Goonies appeal
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Bumblebee has nice legs...
    Yes, I was admiring his robo-calves on my second viewing.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/bumbleb...se-1202538143/

Just passed 400 million box office, so a solid critical AND financial success.