Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us administrator has announced windup

The big discounts don’t happen until the last few days/weeks of the shut down. There are still creditors and staff who need to be paid so some level of money still needs to flow in. By then its usually the crappy stuff remaining.

I know we all like cheap toys but lets not forget people are losing jobs over this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Nor really... the promoted sale right now has prices still above other stores so I'm not really going to bother.
    Not a smart way to liquidate stuff.
    Big W has it cheaper... Plus TRU doesn't price match now and I can't use my vouchers during the sale as it's considered a discount in addition to their already provided discounts... no incentive to go there now.
    The initial discounts on Transformers are poor I agree. But these liquidations are done in phases. Give it a week or two and then let's see where prices end up.

Also don't forget, alot of the workers now need to be paid their entitlements like super, leave balances and whatnot, so not dropping prices too quick will help that hopefully. I feel for them more than anyone else

As noted by others above, ToysRUs are now in the closing down phase, with discounts already applying as of today, and those discounts are expected to increase over the next few weeks (as they have done in America recently).

This was emailed out to people on their mailing list (like VIP members)...

Tonight at the Garden City store...

Discount signs everywhere, with Transformers being given 10% off to begin with.

The same with Playskool (Rescue Bots).

And the Store policies have been updated today as well...

I was told that they also no longer honour their price match guarantee.

FatalityPitt Guest

Seeing those photos, the ones with the "Closing down sale" signs outside the Toys'r'us entrances, is pretty sad. Normally I'd be happy to see a sale on toy brands I'm into, but knowing that they're doing it to liquidate their stock and the staff will be losing their jobs dampens the mood quite a bit. It's pretty sobering when you actually see those signs posted up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Wow, such huge savings, I'm sure everyone will trek out to TRU just to pay more then these same figures are at BigW
    Someone wake me up when they are serious about moving their remaining stock, because this is just bad comedy.
    Dude people have lost jobs, show some respect

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Seeing those photos, the ones with the "Closing down sale" signs outside the Toys'r'us entrances, is pretty sad. Normally I'd be happy to see a sale on toy brands I'm into, but knowing that they're doing it to liquidate their stock and the staff will be losing their jobs dampens the mood quite a bit. It's pretty sobering when you actually see those signs posted up.
    Was in TRU Campbelltown on Thursday and there was a guy disputing something about a gift card. The cashier was having none of it and I couldn't blame her

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Dude people have lost jobs, show some respect
    Mate thumbs up to you. It seems people turn in to retail zombies when they smell blood.

If it’s cheaper elsewhere feel free to go to the other store. Don’t blame the process, as many have said they do these in phases.

Great blow to competition now. This is especially true in the baby space.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was told that they also no longer honour their price match guarantee.
    That had already been mentioned by Chlorhex if you'd read other member's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Just FYI... from tomorrow onwards, TRU won't practice price matching.