Thread: Combiner Wars scale compatible G1 Omega Supreme

Question Combiner Wars scale compatible G1 Omega Supreme

I'm uncertain if anyone has ever designed this product, but I figure it's worth asking the question.

I was studying the images of the upcoming SIEGE Omega Supreme and while the design is nice, the scale is too oversized for my liking.

All of the 3rd Party versions I had a similar problem, they were too big.

Is there a third party Omega Supreme that is faithful to his G1 animated appearance and of a scale compatible with the regular size Combiner Wars toys?Victorion and Volcanicus are the two I own, so I'd like him to be around their height.

See here for a scale reference video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFdGMZnfSo

Maybe platinum edition omega supreme if you’re lucky at finding one.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Exclamation

The platinum Omega Supreme only returned a result for a train based Omega, not the classic G1 animated version.

I am looking for something similar to Ultima Guard, but scaled down significantly.
    See the video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC0-Bddn3k0
    The video also shows the Platinum Edition train Omega at the start.

I think you're well and truly out of luck. Most people seem to agree that the new Omega, and the few third party ones are about the right size. I haven't watched the G1 stuff for a while but is Omega commonly shown as just a couple heads taller than the other combiners or is it just in that scene? displayed scale was very inconsistent in the show.

this picture shows him as taller than the predaking and devastator, whos toys are bigger than the other combiners, sadly the same scale chart doesn't show the other combiners.

Otherwise as Handsprime said, there is only the Platinum Omega which is a remould of the energon(?) toy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Exclamation

Yes, you are correct, there was a minor height differential between Omega Supreme and the other Combiners.
    I could never tell exactly, since the scenes often had him fighting them, but from guesstimation, if a Combiner was standing looking at Omega, his head would be level with Omega's top chest plate.
    That is the toy scale I am looking for.

I haven't seen the images of the upcoming SIEGE Omega with the Titans yet, but I know CW Devastator is the same height as that toy, so here's a sample to look at:
    https://static.seibertron.com/images...722-033659.jpg
    Omega Supreme should not be nearly as tall as a Titan!

The third party ones are even bigger, they are Titan size.

So naturally, I've never been convinced that either of these toys are the correct size, given they're invalidating the known scale chart completely!

Get the platinum Omega and upgrade it with the Maketoys upgrade kit.
    That'll be as good as it'll get for the size you want.
    They're all going cheap these days as collectors clear them for SIEGE.
    I remember seeing an Omega with the upgrade kit going for 80 bucks at a local toy fair... even then it didn't get sold.
    All the best with the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    this picture shows him as taller than the predaking and devastator, whos toys are bigger than the other combiners, sadly the same scale chart doesn't show the other combiners.
    Here (link) are some more comprehensive scale charts made by referencing as much source material as possible.

More scale discussion over HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
    The platinum Omega Supreme only returned a result for a train based Omega, not the classic G1 animated version.

I am looking for something similar to Ultima Guard, but scaled down significantly.
    Sorry but that doesnt exist (at this time anyway), if you want to scale down I think you'd need to look at either Platinum Omega or Planet X Genesis, neither of which have G1 alt modes.
    https://static.seibertron.com/images...722-033659.jpg
    Omega Supreme should not be nearly as tall as a Titan!
    If Siege Omega is the same size as TR Trypticon he'd be about the right size compared to CW Devastator.
    Just not the right size compared to the rest of the CW/PotP combiners.
    I'm not exactly a fan of third party options when it comes to Combiners, because in most of the cases I've seen, they're even worse then the official toys in being abnormally large.
    My brain is already going into research data overload just trying to remember all the names and size comparisons.
    UT's Warlord is probably the closest in size to Volcanicus, pictures in this thread (link).
    From there you can just compare Warlord to MMC Feral Rex (original, not the oversized knock off) and TFC Ares to get an idea of how they'd look with Volcanicus, picture here (link).
    If you want to scale with Volcanicus one of those three options would work, in my opinion G1 Predaking ends up being a tad too small to work well with modern combiners.

As for Omega and Devastator I'd say go with Platinum Omega with the upgrade kit and either Green Giant, Hercules or Gravity Builder to bring them down to a closer scale with the rest.
    More picture comparison links:
    https://geekculture.co/all-the-trans...vastator-toys/
    https://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=vie...on-omega/19224
    https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...#post-13925553

Also if you want dinobots that are better scaled I'd suggest looking into the oversized knock offs of the PotP dinos HERE (link) which currently only come in power ranger colours, but G1 colours should be coming.
    Otherwise maybe the Fansproject dinobots would be more suitable as they are also around voyager scale. Here's some comparison shots of them with FoC voyager Grimlock clicky (link).
    Ignore the pictured Swoop, that's the planet x version which is smaller then the FP version.
    Last edited by DarkHyren; 22nd March 2019 at 09:11 PM.

I think the topic of Omega Supreme has reached it's logical conclusion/end, the toy I am seeking does not exist, so there's nothing more to say there.

I couldn't find an exact picture of G1 Predaking compared to Volcanicus, but I was able to make one with some captures from one of EmGo's review videos:

Not nearly as tall, but close enough is good enough.
    And it looks like the individual components may scale well with the Volcanicus Dinobots, so added bonus.

I couldn't figure out how to identify the original Feral Rex, so uncertain what I should be looking for.
    I couldn't find TFC Ares for sale, they were all marked "Sold Out" on the websites I checked.
    Fan reviews said Warlord was badly designed, so recommended avoiding getting him.
    The price listings had me concerned though, factoring in exchange rate, the pages I did find cost nearly 500AUD, I don't like to go higher then 200AUD for a Combiner set.

I don't want more Dinobot toys, the ones I already have are good enough for me.