Page 430 of 467 FirstFirst ... 410420425426427428429430431432433434435440450 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Unlike you all, I can't wait to finally leave work this afternoon and pick it up. What I am not hyped for is that I won't get to play it till tomorrow because of the massive install and probably hugemungous update that will need to be done before saddling up my horse.

I have resorted myself to being ok with never playing a game on day one because of installs and updates. I took the day off when "The Division" came out, let me clarify. I needed a day off anyway so I took it off, the bonus was that "The Division" was being released on that day. Got to JB at 9am for opening took it straight home and didn't actually get to play it till 2pm. At least I got the housework done while I was waiting.

100gb on disc and who knows how big the day one patch is.

Maybe the developers do it so they can sell it digital only in a few years where it preloads 2-3 days before release and then is actually ready to play... they’ll charge an extra $20 for the privilege though!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    100gb on disc and who knows how big the day one patch is.

Maybe the developers do it so they can sell it digital only in a few years where it preloads 2-3 days before release and then is actually ready to play... they’ll charge an extra $20 for the privilege though!
    There's no day one patch AFIK. RDR2 is the first game to do two install disk in the one case this generation which up until now both Sony and Microsoft have claimed is impossible. The download size on Xbox One X was around 88gb which then expands out to over 100gb when you first start the game which is another first as compression of games is not normal anymore thanks to digital delivery being more 1:1.

I played a couple of hours last night and stopped after getting to the first town. It's amazing in it's detail, but I'm certainly still not entirely sold on it.

What peeves me is now there are 3 dlc for spiderman and i know there will be a rerealse down the track with all added dlc content for the game at the same price.

Will wait for Xmas sales wooo!

It comes down to patience vs pockets. I got the DLC pass as I got no other couch game to play right now.

Yeah well I really want to play Spider-man, but I'm not going to play it until I get a HDR monitor so I have the luxury of waiting for a better deal.

I got the digital version of Horizon ZD for like $40ish with all the DLC included just a year or so after release. Sony isn't afraid to heavily discount their critics darling games. I wish the likes of Activision would learn from that instead of still charging like $50 for a decade old Call of Duty game I'd like to download so I can get rid of the disk.

Anyone else think Blizzard has lost it's magic touch with their big new game announcement at Blizzcon being a reskinned Chinese MMO for Android and iPhone?

I never placed Blizzard on that high of a pedestal truth be told. They’re the masters of monetising their gaming franchises and want people’s money like any other business. We only don’t fully hate on them like EA (bad!)because their games are actually good and they make awesome cinematics.

Blizzard’s response however is a classic example of How not to deal with negative consumer feedback 101.

I kinda wish the Diablo franchise was done and dusted, having played and loved all three. How many times can they keep bringing back Diablo only to have his ass beaten back into hell by a group of plebs?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone else think Blizzard has lost it's magic touch with their big new game announcement at Blizzcon being a reskinned Chinese MMO for Android and iPhone?
    I tend to agree with this Twitter thread. Why is reskin a dirty word? If it's a cool game, who cares? As long as no wrong was done in the making of, I'm fine with it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hitman 2 is a fun game and you should play it.

I bought the Gold Edition so I've been enjoying the early access period over the weekend. For the standard fee of entry you get 6 locations, 5 of which are massive sprawling environments. The other serves as a tutorial level but there's enough meat on the bones of it that I'm sure they'll release some variants of it down the line.

To get from one side of the game to the other once it took me about 7-8 hours. That was a slightly save scummy, proper play through where I didn't kill non-targets, except for one time once in the last mission where I went a bit nuts with a silenced Uzi in a stairwell because it was getting deep into Sunday afternoon and I had to go to the gym.

That's just once through, though. Even excluding just outright shooting a target in the head from your pick of distance and angle, or bludgeoning them or poisoning their food there are at least a solid dozen ways to finish each mission. Ive impersonated barbers, misdirected a combat drone prototype, sabotaged a race car, posed as a physician, delivered poorly written love notes, and lured a man into the jungle to pick flowers. There's enough depth to each mission to warrant a few playthroughs.

Owners of Hitman 2016 get all of that games levels in the new game, all slightly tweaked to account for new gameplay mechanics. The first of Hitman 2's live events starts next week - a mission you've got 10 days to finish in which you have to kill literal Sean Been. There's a competitive multiplayer mode, you can design your own hits - there's a lot to do.

Get it, it's fun.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.