Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Charlie Chaplin Time Traveller

Who would they be talking to in 1928?
    I would think that without satellites, or towers, it would be pretty hard to get a signal...unless its a one of those phones that the Doctor has.

And does anyone here actually seriously believe in the 'hoax' conspiracy?

Well if there were to be time travel tech, you'd think they'd be able to somehow not have to use cell towers etc.

I believe it would be easier to send signals through time....

Who actually knows with the moon landing though

From Youtube commentator:

Small-sized handbag with a short handle, designed to be carried (clutched) in one's hand, is often called a clutch. He/She is attempting to discourage the cameraman from filming him/her. It’s a purse!  I explained it, now where is my prize.
    I think that's the explanation. He/She is trying to cover her face while talking with a small handbag.

I don't think that someone capable of Time Travel would be using contemporary mobile phone technology - We can barely get into space now, much less time travel. They would also need to be talking to someone who also has a mobile phone or set up some sort of signal interface so it would have been more than one person there. I doubt there is an I-Phone app that allows you to talk through time and space.

In regards to the Moon landing - I believe that when America is desperate enough, they are capable of anything.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sorry guys, this is just too ridiculous to keep open as a topic.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... pre-recording a moon landing doesn't prove it didn't happen for real. The existence of one event (a TV broadcast) does not prevent another related but non-reliant event (the Landing) from occuring.
    This was NASA and the Cold War - they would have wanted to make sure video was broadcast live to the world (to both America and the Soviets), even if it meant having a backup version ready (which they probably used, but would never admit).

It stands to reason, that if we can send dozens of people into space every year for the last 40 odd years, and send space-craft all the way to Pluto... why is it impossible to accept that we can send a space-craft to a short distance like the moon, with people in it?

I don't see why this topic was closed. It hasn't degenerated into anything unresolvable yet, and hasn't been insulting or derogatory in anyway.

Topic is open.

Thanks Griffin !!

Hmm... if she's a time traveller, and she's talking on a phone, has she built herself an entire mobile phone network so she can talk to other people? Maybe she's just recording herself on it, like a time traveller's diary.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that's the explanation. He/She is trying to cover her face while talking with a small handbag.
    That could be true, but she does seem to turn to the camera and smile...

I like the time travellers diary idea. "I am currently walking past the premiere of one Chaplins film, things are looking goo.....ahh crapola, camera!"

I got a theory.

Maybe she is from the future even to us where they have created a walkie talkie style mobile phone looking thing that she can communicate across time and space with people from her time. If they can create a time machine, there's a good possibility that they can make that as well