Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia


Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Laserbeak's Sightings

Sightings/Sales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3071  
Old 22nd January 2018, 04:03 PM
Nonalyth's Avatar
Nonalyth Nonalyth is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 25th Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
At Mr Toys Toyworlds EVERYTHING is above retail price. It used to be collector oriented and people would pay a premium for getting it NOW in hand.
I'mnot sure what their business plan is now, any time I ask a staff memeber when they're expecting certain stock in all they can do is shrug.
Reply With Quote
  #3072  
Old 22nd January 2018, 04:34 PM
Major_K Major_K is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 19th Jun 2009
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonalyth View Post
I'mnot sure what their business plan is now, any time I ask a staff memeber when they're expecting certain stock in all they can do is shrug.
One of the people at the Queen St Mall store told me last year they used to know dates and would get excess stock in because they knew they would sell it, but now they don't get told what's coming, when its coming, they're rarely told about new lines, and they're generally only able to get one or maybe two boxes to a store. Hasbro is behind part of that, apparently.
Reply With Quote
  #3073  
Old 22nd January 2018, 08:11 PM
optimall optimall is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 18th Dec 2010
Location: Sarina
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonalyth View Post
I'mnot sure what their business plan is now, any time I ask a staff memeber when they're expecting certain stock in all they can do is shrug.
Most staff at stores are generally very lazy now.

Years ago, staff used to gladly phone if figures turned up.

Years later the new batch of staff wouldn't do it unless I offered a bribe of sorts.

Now they just look at me with glazed eyes and say "I don't think we get that anymore" or "have you looked on the shelf? "

If I ask for anyone to have a look out back for anything, you would swear I had just taken their Xbox away from them. The one guy that did go out back just walked through the plastic curtain, pulled out his phone and started playing with it not knowing I was watching through the curtain, and then he came back out and said he couldn't fine anything. I couldn't even be bothered arguing with him.

In my time as a collector, I have lost so much faith the staff of stores. No one cares about their job anymore. No pride in anything.

Sorry for the rant, I really hope its just my town and not like this everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #3074  
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:20 PM
kwanzaabot kwanzaabot is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimall View Post
Most staff at stores are generally very lazy now.

Years ago, staff used to gladly phone if figures turned up.

Years later the new batch of staff wouldn't do it unless I offered a bribe of sorts.

Now they just look at me with glazed eyes and say "I don't think we get that anymore" or "have you looked on the shelf? "

If I ask for anyone to have a look out back for anything, you would swear I had just taken their Xbox away from them. The one guy that did go out back just walked through the plastic curtain, pulled out his phone and started playing with it not knowing I was watching through the curtain, and then he came back out and said he couldn't fine anything. I couldn't even be bothered arguing with him.

In my time as a collector, I have lost so much faith the staff of stores. No one cares about their job anymore. No pride in anything.

Sorry for the rant, I really hope its just my town and not like this everywhere.
To be fair, as an ex-retail employee, I completely see where the staff is coming from.

It's easy not to have pride in your work when you get paid next to nothing (I was lucky to get $400 a week. No lie, that was what I considered a "good week"), have no rights (because you're only casual and the SDA is the most useless union in Australia- case in point, you can sue for unfair dismissal, but if your boss decides to keep you on and simply never ever give you a shift ever again, that's OK), and you're expected to take all sorts of verbal abuse from people because an item scanned at the correct price (the amount of times I was screamed at, literally screamed at, because some idiot customer looked at the wrong price tag is staggering).

If you wanna blame anyone, blame management. They're the ones who created the kind of work environments where it was more practical to not care rather than work hard.
Reply With Quote
  #3075  
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:33 PM
reillyd reillyd is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 2,578
Default

Kmart Helensvale had "Temporarily out of stock" tags up, and empty shelves .
They do have a ton of Dragonstorms on clearance though.
__________________
On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!
Reply With Quote
  #3076  
Old 23rd January 2018, 10:40 PM
Convoid Convoid is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 21st Nov 2017
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posts: 84
Default

Today at Mr Toys Toyworld Burleigh, Gold Coast

Titans Return:
Hot rod, Kup, Wolfwire, Hardhead $30
Galvatron, Astrotrain $50
Soundwave, Blaster $90
Wheelie, Roadburn, Brawn, Gnaw $23
Plenty of titan masters $9

Combiner Wars:
Scattershot, Onslaught $50

Platinum Edition:
Optimus Prime (clear and bronze colour) $169
Reply With Quote
  #3077  
Old 24th January 2018, 12:02 PM
kwanzaabot kwanzaabot is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 38
Default

Toys r Us at Garbo was doing some restocking today. Seems to be RID randos, a bunch of those giant TLK Dragonstorms/Megs, and TR Broadside, and lots of him.

Nowhere else at Garden City has bothered restocking since Xmas, completely missing out on prime "kids flush with Xmas money on school holidays" time.
Reply With Quote
  #3078  
Old 24th January 2018, 02:28 PM
Nonalyth's Avatar
Nonalyth Nonalyth is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 25th Sep 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 51
Default

Nowhere restocked before christmas either from what I saw.

Big W MacArthur Central has been restocking their toys for the past few days. Seem to have finished now, and not a single new transformer figure to be seen.
Reply With Quote
  #3079  
Old 24th January 2018, 03:47 PM
reillyd reillyd is offline
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member
 
Join Date: 27th Jan 2008
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 2,578
Default

Toyworld Helensvale says (on phone, but he seemed confident) that they haven't had any new Transformers in months. I'm going to give up hunting and will try next week. I really want Optimus!
__________________
On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!
Reply With Quote
  #3080  
Old 24th January 2018, 07:16 PM
kwanzaabot kwanzaabot is offline
Rank 3 - Basic Member
 
Join Date: 13th Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonalyth View Post
Nowhere restocked before christmas either from what I saw.

Big W MacArthur Central has been restocking their toys for the past few days. Seem to have finished now, and not a single new transformer figure to be seen.
Ha, too right. You gotta wonder if kids are even into Transformers anymore, judging from how hesitant the big retailers are to actually stock them. Kid appeal bots like Bumblebee and Grimlock shelfwarm hard, too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.