Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3545505152535455

Thread: Maketoys

I agree. I had a lot of trouble getting Sonic Drill to tab in in places. I have not transformed the 4 members of Guardia I have due to time constraints at the moment but, like you, am hoping for easier transformations.
    Spiderken Away!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So now that my fingers have stopped hurting here are my thoughts.

Beautiful combined mode. Nicely detailed, nice aesthetics and nice tight joints which lets him hold his heavy crossbow with some balancing.

Sonic Drills sucks so bad. Celeratis' arm transformation is stupid. Knee combiner port could have used the springs that the arm ports have because its slightly easy for the legs to slide out.

Worth 400+ i paid for him? Havent decided but i may never transform him ever again.

QC issues:
    1. Right arm combiner joint is on backwards. Doesnt affected functionality but the screw is facing forwards and it looks like its stripped...
    2. Looks like they they put the pin in the wrong way on Blindfire where the piston is supposed to fit into in arm mode because the holes are on the other side.
    3. Sonic Drill.

Looking forward to Guardia.

Sonic Drill was difficult to transform yes, but I can't agree with your comments. I picked him up about 6 months ago and while it took a while, as long as you understand the basic principle of his transformation then it's not that bad. Those flood lights are a massive pain to get on and off though.

If you're never going to transform Quantron again then I'd definitely question his value to you. Essentially you've just paid $400+ for a fancy action master. Personally I love Quantron. Especially Blindfire. Such a great little figure.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If you're never going to transform Quantron again then I'd definitely question his value to you. Essentially you've just paid $400+ for a fancy action master. Personally I love Quantron. Especially Blindfire. Such a great little figure.
    You're probably right. I dont enjoy transforming him at all.

Yeah blindfire is great no doubt. The long sharp lines on him really accentuates the dynamic poses he can do.

Cant get over how sucky Sonic Drill is though. The other limbs look great but i look at SD and think what is this? Basically a bunch of kibble stuck together. I went through this complex transformation for an alt/bot mode that im not happy with.

He's in combined mode now standing on on my desk and after looking at it with fresh eyes i just see how good his proportions are. He looks really good.

Combined mode just redeems him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Sonic Drill was difficult to transform yes, but I can't agree with your comments. I picked him up about 6 months ago and while it took a while, as long as you understand the basic principle of his transformation then it's not that bad. Those flood lights are a massive pain to get on and off though.

Yeah I agree, there was a challenge involved but once you understand it, he transforms fairly straight forward from one mode to the next. I have transformed mine a few times already.