Thread: PC FOC will include multiplayer play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PC FOC will include multiplayer play

According to the UK gamespy website, the FOC "conversion" to PC will go the full nine yards with multiplayer as well as the regular game.

Mercenary is building Transformers: Fall of Cybertron with Steamworks support for multiplayer -- matchmaking, achievements, community features, the whole nine. Livergood [J.D. Livergood, Activision Associate Producer] also promises enhanced textures, lighting, and shadows to help make the Unreal Engine 3-powered game a visual stunner on PC
    Also from the article, which I want to confirm from Activision in Australia:

In what appears to be a first for Activision, Fall of Cybertron will be a digital exclusive in the US, though there will be a retail version overseas. A sign of things to come?

Activision won't be attaching any additional DRM to Fall of Cybertron.

There will not be a map editor or mod tools of any kind.

The PC version will launch alongside its console counterparts on August 21. Livergood added that all Transformers: Fall of Cybertron DLC will also be released simultaneously across all platforms.

Well, looks like I'll be buying this on 2 platforms then; the common version & this, the superior version.

I asked JB Hi Fi and EB Games, neither has the PC version in their system as due for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I asked JB Hi Fi and EB Games, neither has the PC version in their system as due for release.
    Sadly, I'd be very surprised to see it make an on-shelf appearance over here; It'll most likely end up having to be something we all purchase online & download subsequently, though that's not a concern for me it most certainly will be for a whole lot of other Aussies.