Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G1 Homage to Slag for the Transformers Expo in Japan (August)

Default G1 Homage to Slag for the Transformers Expo in Japan (August)

There's a special Transformers Expo Exclusive repaint which does an awesome homage to G1 slag, and is listed for 9000YEN (~95AUD for a deluxe class figure!). I'm hoping that they'll do the same for Grimlock and Swoop homages.

I'll post the link rather than inlining the image
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

More details can be seen here, with some translations of the Convention details (and how to get this figure).

The convention is called the Japan Transformers Expo, in Yokohama (just next to Tokyo), from August 9 to 17.

Apparently the toy can NOT be purchased at the event. It is only given to people buying the Premium ticket at 6000 yen (about AU$65). The regular ticket is 2600 yen (about AU$30), which would make the redeco Slug as Gen1 Slag cost about AU$30-35.

It looks like the tickets are only being pre-sold, starting from the 25th April.... so if they have a limited number of this toy, the Premium tickets would also be limited as well.
    Last edited by griffin; 12th May 2014 at 06:27 AM.

I undoubtedly think it's cool but (a) I fail to see the value if it isn't part of a G1 themed set and (b) limited availability will make it damned expensive to obtain.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I don't think there is any doubt that Hasbro will do the Movie Dinobots in Gen1 colours eventually (as they'd milk every mould as much as possible, and that is an obvious option)... this is just one that will be hard to get for JP fans (if TakaraTomy doesn't end up doing a general release of the Dinobots in Gen1 colours).

Looks awesome, but it looks like it will be hard to find.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'm considering going to this Expo. Closer to home and possibly more of a tribute to the 30th anniversary than Botcon may be. I've never been to Japan and the exclusive figure is cool. A $65 premium ticket is a better deal than the $500 minimum is be spending at BotCon.

Eh... I've personally never been interested in G1 coloured movieverse toys (although Rescue Ratchet makes sense, since he does (sorta) appear in the film).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt that Hasbro will do the Movie Dinobots in Gen1 colours eventually (as they'd milk every mould as much as possible, and that is an obvious option)... this is just one that will be hard to get for JP fans (if TakaraTomy doesn't end up doing a general release of the Dinobots in Gen1 colours).
    Yeah, the toys are a given. The Expo would be one i'd definitely like to attend

Wow - that toy is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    More details can be seen here, with some translations of the Convention details (and how to get this figure).

The convention is called the Japan Transformers Expo, in Yokohama (just next to Tokyo), from August 9 to 17.

Apparently the toy can NOT be purchased at the event. It is only given to people buying the Premium ticket at 6000 yen (about AU$65). The regular ticket is 2600 yen (about AU$30), which would make the redeco Slug as Gen1 Snarl cost about AU$30-35.

It looks like the tickets are only being pre-sold, starting from the 25th April.... so if they have a limited number of this toy, the Premium tickets would also be limited as well.
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow, from 10am (Japanese time) for the Premium ticket, but the main site's all images which Google Translate can't translate.

So this looks like the place to get the tickets (embarassingly didn't notice the link at first)

http://l-tike.com/event/tfe/

Always a bit nervous though purchasing things on sites in another language!