Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    $57 for TFA Optimus + Megatron Voyager double pack box thingy.

Optimus has battle damage all over him which some will think looks lame. I think you can clean it off with little effort/damage?

Yay/Nay?
    You can get it shipped for less than $50:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRANSFORMERS-...item2a07c8ea27

It's up to you. I'm very fond of the Megatron mould, but it was also my first Animated toy and so there might be some sentiment mixed up in my judgement. However, that Optimus Prime is nowhere near as good as the Cybertronian mode deluxe (which is awesome). The DVD is great if you don't already have it.

I've been very suspicious of Transformers on Ebay from Hong Kong. Can they be trusted?

EDIT: Oh, it isn't a Voyager, it's a deluxe! Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Ingram; 3rd July 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    I've been very suspicious of Transformers on Ebay from Hong Kong. Can they be trusted?

EDIT: Oh, it isn't a Voyager, it's a deluxe! Sorry about that.
    What issue do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    What issue do you have in mind?
    I figured they'd be fake?

difficult to form a view unless there are particular auctions you are referring to. However, its unlikely that a recent release would be fake just based on the fact that its being sold from Hong Kong.

Yeah, what HD said. KO's of recent toys are also very easy to spot because more often than not, the packaging is completely different - unlike most Geewon KO's which also try to replicate the packaging.

If in doubt, ask other members here and they'll be able to steer you in the right direction.

On a personal note, I have never had any issues with HK based sellers. In fact, I find them more reliable than some US based ones.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hi, what do you guys think the current going rate for a TM scourge complete in decent condition would be?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Cruncher View Post
    Hi, what do you guys think the current going rate for a TM scourge complete in decent condition would be?
    Thanks!
    They're not cheap. You're looking at somewhere between $300-$350 for a complete one in C8 or better condition.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    They're not cheap. You're looking at somewhere between $300-$350 for a complete one in C8 or better condition.
    I think that's about right. And a MIB TM Scourge would be around US$450 to $500. However, there are known to be lulls in the market and sometimes, they do go for cheaper. With the amount of KO Scourges floating around, I'd be very careful with anything on eBay. Recommend singling out sellers that appear to be selling they childhood toys or mothers selling their children's unwanted toys from the attic. Generally, you can sort of tell by looking at the other auctions they have on.

I bought my TM Scourge MIB for US$185 during a lull in the market. The box is C8 (tech specs cut but included) but the toy was missing all the screws on the arms and the legs. That wasn't such a big issue once I went back to SG cos I have an army of standard Scourges to be used as Sweeps and simply took the screws from one of them for my TM Scourge. Between the few of us (5FDP and Sky Shadow and Kup included), we figured that the 'bonnet' sticker of TM Scourge is also slightly different from the standard Scourges' bonnet sticker. So, another thing to watch for.

Just to add to what HD has said, there are KO Scourge's on the market however there are no KO TM Scourge's. If you are buying loose (which I am assuming you are), request pics with Scourge holding his TM partner. The reason I say this is that a main mold difference between regular Scourge and the TM version, is that TM Scourge has larger peg holes in his fists to accommodate the gun. Also ask for a close-up shot of this and the peg on the TM that goes into the hole just to make sure there are no modifications going on. Lastly, there is also a widened hold on top of his head. Hope this helps
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks