Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Label Soundwave

I'm using SanDisc as well with no problems.

I take it you tried playing back the audio files directly from the SD through your PC once you copied the songs/audio across?

The mp3 player in SW is optimised for 128kbps playback so anything fancier may not work. Other audio formats probably won't work either.

Could it be a LINUX problem. LINUX tends not to support USB devices as easily as Mac/PC.

I use a sandisk on mine and it works ok. This may be a stupid question, but is it paused? I can't remember what happens during pausing (because as an MP3 player it is pretty crap of course, I haven't used it except to make sure it works).

Quick translate of instructions:
    press "play/pause for 2 seconds. Once power is on play should commence in 2-3 seconds after being turned on
    Press play/pause once to pause and again to un-pause. (after 2 mins of pause it will turn itself off).
    Blah blah press skip to skip hold to f/fwd.
    Blah blah volume up and down.

trouble shooting isn't very helpful.
    Are the earphones plugged in properly?
    Are they broken?
    Is it paused?
    Is the volume up?
    Check the mini sd card and Mp3s.

This might seem like a strange question, but to those who own the figure... what's the actual figure like? Some part of me would buy it just for the fact it's Soundwave that could happily be placed next to my Classics...

Figure-wise, I think its pretty sweet. Its the right size for Classics and his exchangeable hands are pretty cool. I really like the "eject button hand." A little awkward to transform with some slightly fragile feeling hips in particular, the articulation is better that G1 Soundwave. Just keep in mind, his only friends are two fat guys Rumble and Frenzy and the new Decepticon "Minidisc" the electronic storer of musics, who has absolutely NO articulation at all.

Here are the photos I took when I got mine. I just realised that none of those photos are all that dynamic. Though I was at work at the time and should have been doing some instead of playing with Transformers

Thanks to all but unfortunately nothing is working.

Linux (Ubuntu) handles USB devices exceptionally well and I have copied and played the MP3s on the card from the computer and they work fine. All MP3s are 128kbs and still nothing.

The Soundwave player acts iratically when the SD card is insterted and most of the time it 'freezes' with the flashing light going on forever with the only way to turn it off is by removing the battery. Its stable if the card is not insterted as I am able to turn it off and the rythm of the flashing light is consistent with a 'lack of media' warning.

It either hates the Apacer Mini-SD card or its busted one or the other.

Thanks for the translated instructions, I am sure that it will help many others here who get the figure but I already know how it works.

This is very frustrating as I know of no one with a Mini-SD card.
    ________
    Subaru stella history
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Kup, you're not suggesting you don't have any friends with Nokia mobile phones? bring it to the next meet, I'm sure one of us has a nokia mobile phone that uses mini-sd or even the mini-sd that have been using with the player.

but yeah, card compatibility is not unheard of. just like some branded CDs don't like CD MP3 players.

YES!!

I exchanged the Apacer MiniSD card for a Sandisk one and it works Perfectly!

Note: Do not use Apacer cards with Music Label Soundwave, they are incompatible.

Thanks for your help guys. I have now filled the SD card with Soundwave quotes from this site:

http://www.drgw.net/~nnthayer/soundwave.html

Too bad that you can't have the Shoulder canon on at the same time as the earphones/mini-speaker, otherwise I would have him permanently on display with speakers attached ready to say something like:

http://www.drgw.net/~nnthayer/battle.mp3
    ________
    New mexico dispensaries
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:32 PM.

so glad that there's no problems now

Seems like sandisk is the brand of choice when it comes to mp3 Soundwave (I have a sandisk as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Seems like sandisk is the brand of choice when it comes to mp3 Soundwave (I have a sandisk as well).
    me too

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------