Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you put Fort Max/Metroplex/Devastator?

They're both on the floor and metroplex is in battle station mode Next to him is Devastator.

This question is why I'm considering getting rid of my Metroplex and Fort Maxes. They take up a lot of space, are had to fit on the shelves, collect too much dust on the ground and aren't that much fun to transform.

Devastator falls into the trap too but he can be turned into six individual robots who fit in nicely with MP and Leader class 'Cons.

I have display cases with adjustable shelves... I will post some pictures tonight when I get home

On top of the bookcase in my study next to Gigantic Action Scorponok

Thanks guys. Im just lucky I have the space, but if you do not well you might wanna stand the big bots on a low table next to the shelves.having the big bots on the floor does make them quite dusty more than usual especially if the area is high activity... or you can display in base mode - chose the more slimmer base and display it with some other figures on board, that way they serve as a platform for the other figures as well, double purpose. Of course that will indeed eat more space than in bot mode but you do get to put more bots in/on them like a diorama style .... again most likely at the top of the shelves or midshelf if the height permits...this is ehat I did for the Platinum Trypticon I got . Displayed it in base mode and have the decepticon micromasters all over him like a busy city display. But its the bottom most shekf in my G1 display.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Metroplex and Devastator fit nicely in my Detolf shelf...

...because I've only got the G1 versions

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Metroplex and Devastator fit nicely in my Detolf shelf...

...because I've only got the G1 versions
    And if you only have one of each. My G1 Metroplex, Devastator etc. take up more space because I have multiples (original + reissue) and display them in different modes, and the alt modes occupy more space. My G1 gestalts are displayed combined, but if I have reissues, then the reissues are displayed in individual robot modes, which takes up more space. Gah.

Yeah, space is the sole reason I've cut back my collecting of anything down to one thing: Masterpieces. My girlfriend moving last year caused me to take stock of my lifetime of collecting Star Wars, Transformers and other pop culture stuff. It's been fun, but I don't have the space to store everything with boxes and well...dust.

I'm actually thinking about putting away or maybe selling my Encore Fort Max when the Titan Fort Max comes out. While I think he's a cool G1 toy, space is an issue for most of us. I've taken some advice from this thread and put Fort Max, Metroplex and Devastator on the top shelf. I'm actually going to buy more of my shelves next week, one Titan per shelf, for now.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Yeah, space is the sole reason I've cut back my collecting of anything down to one thing: Masterpieces. My girlfriend moving last year caused me to take stock of my lifetime of collecting Star Wars, Transformers and other pop culture stuff. It's been fun, but I don't have the space to store everything with boxes and well...dust.
    Yeah, but 2 years ago I made a decision to give away most of my non-TF toy collections because I hadn't played with those toys in years. Now I primarily focus just on collecting and keeping toys that I still play with, so it's Transformers and a small handful of other toys.