Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do with your MP/UW coins?

I have to say I really love the coins and they are a great addition to some figures but as a very disciplined collector now (to save money and marriage ) I don't collect them because if I started I would have to back collect every single one of them even if I didn't have the figure, yes this is called OCD. If a figure that I buy comes with a coin it gets sold or given away.
    I have contemplated what to do with them if I did collect them, keep them in the folder or take them out, LP's picture of them loose looks amazing and I think this would be the way to go because this actually displays the coin not just a cool cardboard wallet.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I have a pile of them in my cupboard. I really have no interest in them and I miss out on most of them because I buy from Japan as often as I can due to the lower price over HK.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I've been wondering what to do with my coins too, I'm starting to amass a decent sized collection, enough that I'm tempted to go and buy the ones I don't have.
    Mine are currently sitting in a drawer but I like the idea of the plate stands, will have to look intø that..

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    That's an awesome coin haul!

Those stands are a good idea. They're cheap as chips here so I might go and score myself some, although you guys have me thinking of getting the slightly larger sized ones to see if they will hold the packaging too.

The idea of placing them in the box so they are visible is a good one too!

If anyone else has suggestions please keep 'em coming.
    There are larger ones that hold cards so if your thinking of displaying it in psckaging then those would definitely be a better choice than the small easels I have.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    While expensive and wall covering, that would look sooo sweet!

Leige, your collection displays continue to impress!

I have been carefully displaying mine in a stack inside the wardrobe in the study/music room

I did get them all out to take stock of ......

I have a few more coming in the mail.

I like Lieges/koolkollektibleskai idea with the stands, for the moment I don't have the space. I also haven't taken the time to figure out a way of liberating the coins without destroying the packaging.
    Thanks...taking them out is indeed a chore, especially if you want the packaging as well. Ive been very carful taking them out as they are riddled with tape within to keep it in place plus the glued flaps to make sure they dont fall out , that was another thing to be gentle with. I still need to get UW Devastator's, Defensor and that elusive, almost mythical Mp Exhaust coin..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I have decided to sell the few coins that I have gotten as cool as they are they just don't have a place in my collection and would rather people enjoy them then they sit in a box..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy