Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Display Cabinets

Default Display Cabinets

Ok.
    Now you would think that gracing your parents home with your transformers collection is enough to make you the number 1 child, however some parents seem to think that encyclopedias and books belong in book shelf’s!!! It's only a matter of time until they drink the red cordial that I have placed in the fridge and then I will run around the house with transformers held high with NO one to stop me.
    Until then I need a display cabinet!
    Sooo my question is...... is there an agreed best place to purchase display cabinets. Preferably glass, plastic is ok, that I can display all my children in?
    Also is there a brand or type that is better than others?
    Last edited by Johnny; 20th January 2008 at 02:23 AM.

This thread probably belongs in the General Discussion section.

I'm probably the least qualified person to answer this as most of my Transformers are displayed on el-cheapo metal shelves from Bunnings. d: The only time I've ever shelled out for a lockable glass display cabinet was for my gun Megatrons - and only for legal reasons. If they law didn't say so, I wouldn't have bothered.

These guys are endorsed by a few members here - although I don't remember reading an actual review

http://www.displayandracksystems.com...-showcases.htm

yes the thread that Tober provided is endorsed and came up when someone was looking for a display cabinet to display MP-05 in a lockable cabinet to fulfill the requirements in keeping one. I forgot the person's name there who is this groups contact ( ask Tiby). This person is a TF collector himself and has given his word to Tiby, which I hope still stands, that he will give discounts for OTCA members as he knows its for TFs we will use their products.. but I havent heard from anyone yet of a review or anyone who bought any.... well not that I can
    recall
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I got my Megatron cabinet from that same mob too. The guy that served me at the Villawood outlet was a noob and wasn't very helpful (friendly and well meaning, but just lacked experience and in-depth product knowledge). I eventually ended up going to the Tempe outlet and the guy there was much more helpful. When I told him what the cabinet was for he sighed and said, "fun police." ;D

A review would be helpful...

I'm sure dirge and possibly Tiby have bought from there too.

I'm curious to know how much they weigh and weather they come flattened for assembly (probably) as I use public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This thread probably belongs in the General Discussion section.
    Moved accordingly.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The guy to talk to at Displayandrack systems is Rohan Dimmock. Say you are from here and he will do you a good deal.

As for a review, they sell heaps of different types, inlcuding for commercial use. Perhaps everyone who gets one of each format (MP05 size, full-size, etc) post a short review that would help.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

I was served by a different guy (can't remember his name atm but it wasn't Dimmock) - didn't mention that I was from OzFormers but I was carrying my Walther Megatrons on me for fitting, so my intentions were pret-ty obvious.

I got the 400x400x400mm glass display showcase which is made of 4mm thick tempered safety glass and has a door latch which you can lock with a padlock (not included). Not bad for about sixty bucks.

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 20th January 2008 at 03:56 PM.

Cool thanks.
    I will go and visit the guys at Tempe this week, and will get a case by Friday, providing they have it in stock. Not too sure wich one and I have never wrote a review on anything before but i'll try and get a few picks together to let people know the basic packaging/weight etc.

Should start a new thread title... Has anyone used there tax return for anything useful?...
    Personally thats one thread I cant reply too.

Then again Optimus told me last nght that he needs a new home shhhh....