Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Beyond the Spacebridge (Non-Transformers Section) > Non-toy stuff

Sightings/Sales

Old 19th December 2018, 10:35 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
Is Mass Effect worth getting into now? I'm aware the first one is pushing 15 years old.
YES! 6 playthroughs of the ME trilogy with all classes. Loved it each time. The story and character interactions never get old. The graphics of ME1 are the most dated. If you play on PC there are some mods which can improve the textures. Each game is different in its own way - ME1 feels slower, but richer in story. ME2 improves on combat and character building. ME3 (despite the hate) is a delightful action romp.

Gotta disagree with Delta about playing on PC, as I played through the series on PC. Never had an issue with KB + M. Plus the mod scene adds to the longevity of the series.

On my second playthrough of Andromeda right now. It’s not perfect by any means but not quite the abortion people make it out to be. Andromeda shows there was a lack of direction and poor project management. It tries to pick out all the “good stuff” from the original trilogy but ends up being a mish mash of concepts. I’d wait to see if you like the original trilogy first before trying Andromeda.
Old 19th December 2018, 12:39 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Thanks for the ME feedback guys.

Apparently I already own Mass Effect 1 and 2 on PC so installed ME1. I realised that it doesn't by standard support 1080p. If there's a mod scene for the game I'm assuming it will be an easy fix once I get around to it.