Thread: Are their bootlegs / fakes of modern Transformers....

Default Are their bootlegs / fakes of modern Transformers....

Hi,

There seems to be a heap of Transformers for sale in areas like HK, Taiwan, China etc...

The prices aren't extremely cheap but the people selling them seem to have a heap... So its a little suss...

Im trying to get a Human Alliance Soundwave......

and I was looking at this ebay post

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hasbro-Tra...t_23618wt_1026

To be honest 90% of the soundwaves on ebay seem to be from HK, China or Taiwan...

Can some explain this? I guess thats where the transformers are made so it kinda makes sense but??

I cant find this toy in the shops which sucks

There would be some KOs of the movie line by now, but not those two, and not with accurate packaging like that.

HA Soundwave has had limited release so far, because it is new, and stores around the world are slow to restock while the interest in movie toys is low.

That ebayer is reliable, as they have been around for at least 10 years (I remember buying most of my Armada toys from him). He just charges a lot for shipping to make his sale prices appear cheaper (less ebay fees, and makes him look cheapest on search listings).

Cool thanks

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There's been KO's of the movie toys since basically the same week as the real thing hit.

As to how many, if any, of those KO's found their way here?

Who knows. It would be naive to think it would be zero, but I wouldn't expect large numbers of duped customers.

This was also all initial product, no Soundwave, for example.