Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Ordinarily, yes, this would be a great benefit of buying domestically.
    Unfortunately this wasn't in stores anymore, and it's now out of stock online.

I did buy another two to make up the free shipping, so I might just have to crack open one of those and swap out Optimus... and then sit on it long enough for its value to go up enough to offset the opened and flawed toy.
    Why wouldn't you just return the defective one?

Meh, too much hassle for just $33... which I should be able to easily make back later, either together in-box and noted as flawed, or separately with Unicron selling for a lot more than Optimus.

I don't understand this philosophy. We're toy collectors; we're in the shops all the time. How else can the manufacturers get feedback that their quality assurance needs addressing?

Too each their own I guess.

Toy companies like Hasbro have shown that they don't care about quality issues once it is in Retailers hands, leaving it up to the retailer to deal with complaints or returns. And with the small amount of units here of this sort of item, it wouldn't make a difference returning one.
    If it was a common problem from a lot of other people reporting the same thing (one reason why I mentioned it), I'd return it to make it a more obvious statement with the larger volume of returns.
    (but then, all that might do is result in Myer not taking on more exotic exclusives like this because they are the ones with the burden and bad publicity... ultimately, the most effective outcome that I can ascertain for a one-off defective item that is not missing something significant and is still worth more than I paid for it, is for me to keep it)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Ordinarily, yes, this would be a great benefit of buying domestically.
    Unfortunately this wasn't in stores anymore, and it's now out of stock online.

I did buy another two to make up the free shipping, so I might just have to crack open one of those and swap out Optimus... and then sit on it long enough for its value to go up enough to offset the opened and flawed toy.
    Hmm.. it doesn't sound too bad, post or pm me a photo and I may buy it from you already.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I'll take a photo and post it up a little later, but to give an idea of what's missing, on this pic it is one of the flip-over panels on the front of the right upper arm (below the screw). Without it, the panel is still a shiny red that was flat enough to not even notice it missing. Actually, if the panel from the other arm is removed, most people probably wouldn't even know it was meant to have them. (and in truck mode, those panels are inside the body of the truck)

I still have this optimistic hope that the panel is just somewhere on my floor, even though I've already looked everywhere for it.

Second from the right is the 2-pack Optimus, with the right shoulder flap missing. If it wasn't mentioned, I don't think too many would notice it on a shelf or in a group photo.
    But obviously when you notice it, it's hard to not notice it.

Oh wow..... Just realised first aid from the PROTECTOBOTS 3 pck has SOFT RUBBER KNEES!!!!!!

Not like its an important structural peice or anything....

Don't see it lating very long :-( alt mode for you Mr!

I need someone to tell me if my YOTG soundwave is dodgy, or they are all like that....

So a question to those that have him.... does the Tape mechanism work properly? If mine is back all the way, I press the button and it tries to come all the way to the front position... and usually jams 3/4 of the way. Hard to push back too

Default MP QC issues and defects you had encountered

Thanks Admins for redirecting my post to the right place

Anyway just wanna know if anyone has any issues or defects on their Transformers Masterpiece figures and items and what are they.

Mine are as follows:
    Takara
    MP12 Lambor: Bio Card looks like it has been folded in half vertical crease.
    MP17 Prowl: very obvious paint bubble on hood/bonnet
    MP20 Wheeljack: smudged LANCIA logo on rear wing spoiler looks like a glue residue was left that caused it then packed the item when still wet.
    MP21: got two boxes one has uneven paint apps the other has flashes on the small holes of the design on the wheels/mags (all 4 wheels!)

Hasbro
    MP03 Grimlock: too many loose parts. Tightened most screws. Pins i have no luck. Scratched chrome on chest. Half of autobot logo a little bit smudged
    MP05 Sunstorm: 2x rusted bolts wing. Wing dont hold up in robot mode i think that is right hand side. Too much clearance between the wing part that folds.

Well that is all as of now since most of my Takara are MIB inspected only not transformed. Hopefully nothing any major problems because too much money have already been spent on this line.
    Last edited by ampoldj; 3rd February 2015 at 04:22 PM.