Page 222 of 481 FirstFirst ... 202212217218219220221222223224225226227232242 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    great to hear you are improving mate, keep it up
    +1

Are you in Private Healthcare?, cause if you aren't then that might be the problem.
    (For the record, I have no Health cover so Public is my only option )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    +1

Are you in Private Healthcare?, cause if you aren't then that might be the problem.
    (For the record, I have no Health cover so Public is my only option )
    I have limited private but it was done public with a claim going to private so no out of pocket expenses. I cannot describe how much it hurts to go to the toilet though. Should be right by Friday I think so alls well ends well.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sorry to hear about this, mate.

Are/were you taking oxycontin or oxycodone? If it was slow release, it was most likely oxycontin.

It's horrible shit. I have had to take it before, and now I refuse to take it.

I have a patch that is just awesome. It lasts a week, and is absorbed via skin, where my body metabolises it into the painkiller.

It's great because you wake up without the sudden edge from not having pain meds.

I also have oxynorm (aka oxycodone) for breakthrough pain. I find I tend to average about 2 per day of them. They don't give me the horrible feeling that oxycontin does, but they only last 3-4 hours. Good for breakthrough pain, and probably a better choice for you at the moment.

I've never had to have a camera up my wang, but I did have to have a catheter up there last year, due to my whole body being septic. Long story, but it was extremely serious.

It's difficult to explain to people who've never had one, but geez, the feeling of it being put in is just.....it is weird, and it definitely doesn't feel 'right'. Then having them pump up the balloon inside you so it stays in. It's just the most bizarre feeling.

Hope you're on your feet again soon. My advice is distraction. If you're really hurting, do a favourite activity (that's also gentle), whether it's watching a favourite movie, reading a good book, whatever. Meditation is also great, but it does require some guidance if you're unfamiliar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Sorry to hear about this, mate.

Are/were you taking oxycontin or oxycodone? If it was slow release, it was most likely oxycontin.

It's horrible shit. I have had to take it before, and now I refuse to take it.

I have a patch that is just awesome. It lasts a week, and is absorbed via skin, where my body metabolises it into the painkiller.

It's great because you wake up without the sudden edge from not having pain meds.

I also have oxynorm (aka oxycodone) for breakthrough pain. I find I tend to average about 2 per day of them. They don't give me the horrible feeling that oxycontin does, but they only last 3-4 hours. Good for breakthrough pain, and probably a better choice for you at the moment.

I've never had to have a camera up my wang, but I did have to have a catheter up there last year, due to my whole body being septic. Long story, but it was extremely serious.

It's difficult to explain to people who've never had one, but geez, the feeling of it being put in is just.....it is weird, and it definitely doesn't feel 'right'. Then having them pump up the balloon inside you so it stays in. It's just the most bizarre feeling.

Hope you're on your feet again soon. My advice is distraction. If you're really hurting, do a favourite activity (that's also gentle), whether it's watching a favourite movie, reading a good book, whatever. Meditation is also great, but it does require some guidance if you're unfamiliar with it.
    I was on both Oxycontin 10's & Oxynorm 5's. I will admit I am dependant on it after 3 months of daily use & probably enjoyed taking them a bit too much. Being that I am a recovering addict does not help me & given the chance I will abuse anything as that is my nature (inclding buying TF's). Oxycontin was making me feel sick & I found mixing the two in twice the daily dose suited me just fine for my tolerances.

The Dr's cut me off post surgery (when i needed it worse than ever) & I have had to step down to fortes which concern me with the amount of paracetamol in them as taking 8 a day is waaaaay too much in my view for a liver to handle.

If you patch is bupe or fennatyl you will be pain free but they are very dangerous if you abuse them especially fennatyl so watch yourself on that especially if you have to take Oxynorm. Be very careful with your meds & when you can talk with your GP about tapering your dose if you can do so.

My saving grace is that the last I remember is "we are just gonna prep you for the op" then BOOM! I wake up in recovery with a pathetic little dose of morphene to dull the pain. I would hate to have a cathater up there without being asleep for it as any guy knows it is the most sensitive organ by a long way (at least psycologically anyways ). Your experience sounds highly distressing to me anyway.

I am feeling a fair bit better though all in all & so long as each day is better than my last I will be a happy chappy indeed.

I know this is meant to be a PG thread but talking about this is important to some members.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah, I hate the way oxycontin makes me feel. It made me feel........damn, it's hard to describe, gluggy? Just that weird feeling in my stomach.

I'm well aware of the possibility of addiction, and I know it's not a problem for me. It also helps that I worked at a needle exchange, so I KNOW what it's like for people with an addiction to this stuff, and what rock-bottom is like. Doesn't get much better than that for motivation. And of course, I can't ignore that I just don't have that personality. I'm not someone who has the addiction potential for painkillers. I believe everyone has an addiction, whether it's drugs, money, there's something that each person has. I'm lucky, and whatever mine is, it's unrelated to my medications, thankfully.

I currently use just a Norspan 5 patch. I was on 10, but late last year decided that I wanted to bring it down to 5. Just to prove to myself I could do it, and because I wanted to be taking as little painkiller as possible. It definitely wasn't easy, but I did it, without any temptation or desire. Lucky. Likewise with the oxynorm, I just wanted to see if I could function with less, and I did that too. Not easy, but honestly, I'm lucky in that I never hit that addiction spot. It was always on my mind though. It's hard to differentiate between 'this is what I need to be able to function' and 'I am taking it out of habit rather than need'.

It also helps that I have a great doctor, who's extremely supportive and mindful of my needs. I have pneumonia at the moment, which is potentially really dangerous for me, but he caught it straight away. I thought it was just a cold, and was miffed that he wanted to do x-rays. But, sure enough, he was right. I'm lucky he went that step further and got the x-rays.

When I had the catheter, I'd been rushed to hospital. What I thought was a minor infection was anything but. The ambo's wanted to get a cardiac team before they moved me from the house. They were delayed, and the hospital was close, so they just went with that. My heart and blood pressure was all over the place. I was told later that my whole body was septic, and I was hours away from dying. A day or two at the absolute max.

And it was on my first day that they told me I needed the catheter. I was stunned. I can honestly say I'd never expected to hear those words, not for at least 50 years!

Apparently they normally don't hurt. Because my whole body was so bad though, it did hurt. It was a combination of pain and this feeling of 'this is not right at all'. Totally different due to the different nerves etc. It didn't take long, but it certainly wasn't pleasant. And then I was told they needed to inflate the balloon inside me, to hold it in place.

That is exactly as strange as it sounds. I do not recommend it.

I had that in while I was in hospital for about a week. It was just bizarre. I had the IV in my wrist, and the catheter out my.....yeah. So for me to get up I was constantly moving cords around. And yeah, knocking the catheter drip? Sharp pain. And it was impossible to not knock it, or even worse when I'd get it snagged on the bed. I will admit, I screamed.

i just saw the image for Voyager Dreadwing and wow hasbro, it looks like you're reusing voyager prime's weapons...

</3

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    i just saw the image for Voyager Dreadwing and wow hasbro, it looks like you're reusing voyager prime's weapons...

</3
    Oh man!

Kaiden, you've got bloody sharp eyes man, that's just really sad as that stupid friggin' gun thing of Prime's is just utterly stupid and annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    I spose that is what you get when they put a camera & claw up your old fella the size of a AAA-AA battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    S
    I don't think I have ever winced so much from reading something in my life!

Sounds incredibly unpleasant. I hope all is going well now Prowl

hat's just really sad as that stupid friggin' gun thing of Prime's is just utterly stupid and annoying!
    Not to mention looks nothing like Dreadwing's actual gun. Why are they pursuing these moronic weapons? There look rubbish, don't stay deployed, are ridiculously large and horrible in every way!!!!

Don't know why but my collection pics keep resizing themselves and I have to constantly re-upload them Anyone else using imageshack and are experiencing this problem?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Don't know why but my collection pics keep resizing themselves and I have to constantly re-upload them Anyone else using imageshack and are experiencing this problem?
    are imageshack automatically resizing their images?