Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Transformers,not so new to collecting :)

Default New to Transformers,not so new to collecting :)

Hey All,

Just thought I would throw a "G'day" out there and introduce myself.

I recently re-watched the Transformers 1986 animated movie and instantly fell in love with it again! I only vaguely remember it from when I was a kid. Which basically made me start my search.

I've got one of the "Not-Transformers" (Think that's what you call them) on pre-order at the moment. The Hegemon. Very eager to get him. He seems pretty good from what I hear, and also I like the bulky legs he has.

I'm hoping to get most of the characters from the movie, as I think it would be a nice way to start things off. If anyone can recommend a series of figures that suit the Toyworld Hegemon Scale, I'm all ears.

Anyways, Enough chat! Look forward to building my collection.

Cheers

Welcome!

Thanks Omega. I'm very much looking forward to this little adventure. Maybe my wallet not so much. Oh...... and the wife doesn't need to know

Quote Originally Posted by skeg View Post
    Thanks Omega. I'm very much looking forward to this little adventure. Maybe my wallet not so much. Oh...... and the wife doesn't need to know
    Your 'little adventure' can quickly turn into a huge collection! trust me I know

Welcome to the Board, I think your third party acquisition is about MP size but I could be wrong as I don't have one. If it is MP size it'll get expensive just collecting that line

Thanks 1orion2many! I might have to start looking into them. I know they are certainly not cheap But you get what you pay for.

I got the hegemon on pre-order to, it's more classics size rather than MP.
    should be out now, (they said late July)

welcome to the boards!

Mabuhay and welcome to the boards. Where did you PO Hegemon btw?

There's a lot of 3rd party figures to choose from and as well as official stuff to get if your aiming to collect the movie cast. Generations line would be the best to get if you aim to be at par size-wise with Hegemon for your movie cast..

Generations has
    Kup
    Springer
    Blurr
    Rodimus
    Screamer and the seekers

Get the Takara version Scourge (and get a few more Hasbro version for the sweeps)
    Ultra Magnus - but you need to get the Fp city commander armour
    I dunno how big is the 3rd party Mania King - but he's a bit better for Galvatron placer, otherwise get the Takara version Generations Galvatron - the color is much better than the Hasbro release
    If you find the 2 pack Rodimus vs Cyclonus - get that - it's got the better colored version of Cyclonus ( couldn't say the same for Rodimus though)
    Upcoming is the generations Arcee.

For Prime, generations would be a bit small compared to Hegemon so yo might as well get the counterpart - Orion, from the same company

Enjoy the forum!.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

@ Dinkydarth - Thanks Mate. I'm looking forward to getting him for sure. Its what has started all of this along with rewatching the animation.

@ liegeprime - Thanks heaps for all the great information. I've started looking into them now. I've started looking into the Generations line as we speak. I like the transformations of the "classics" some what a little more, nut I notice they don't have a full range?!? I'm so confused.. hahaha.

I'll keep looking into it tho, least I have some great direction now.

Thanks again for the Welcoming.

Classics basically was a filler series, featuring the more well known TFs reimagined using modern toy engineering - no gommicks just transformation from robot to vehicle and back - but unlike G1 which were bricks these had articulation...

Here's the link for more info
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Classics

eventually Hasbro started coming out with versions of the G1 characters with modern toy designs pretty much like "classics" in style - but since that filler series has ended, Hasbro then decided to use other names - thus Generations, Reveal the shield, Universe etc. came to be but one only needs to look at the aesthetics of figures under these series and will see that they tie up together in style - thus the fan term CHUGUR - CLassics, Henkei, Universe, Generations, Universe 2.0, Reveal the Shield. And we as fans/collectors lump them all now together in our displays kinda like an ongoing series (filler) with the hopes that Hasbro finally recreates all of the known G1 characters ( and some modern day characters that we love - Rung,please) into modern day articulated versions. Hope this help clarify a bit more, or have I confused you even more - anyways - the TFwiki link is there keep searching there as it's a good resource for all things TF
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]