Page 378 of 467 FirstFirst ... 358368373374375376377378379380381382383388398 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

If anyone missed them the Transformers games (WfC, FoC, Dark Spark, & Devastation) are on sale again on Steam for 75-80% off till the 18th

So I've been sinking some time into Overwatch lately and there is a system where at the end of a match the 4 players with the best achievements can get a like. It's a dumb system with no real point but it lets you show your appreciation to a particular player. 5 likes gets a witty comment from that player's character.

Healers, especially Mercy, get the 5 likes probably 90% of the time, as a kind of pat on the back for helping the team.

That is unless it's obvious by your username that you're a girl. Then you get shit. For example, tonight I played 5 or 6 games straight on a team with a player with the username that started with LegoGirl. Every game she played as Mercy. Did a great job at healing too, I don't think my health got below half for more than about 5 seconds before she magically appeared with her healing stick, and she contributed significantly to the wins that we had. Even using her ultimate strategically to essentially save us from the jaws of defeat on two occasions. This chick knew what she was doing.

Out of all those games, she was lucky to get one or two likes at the end of each.

Then I played another few games with a player whose username was not obviously a female and watched this person, who was a pretty useless healer by the way, clock up likes at the rate of a Kardashian.

I am disappoint.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Casey Hudson is back at Bioware as the GM. I hope he can bring Bioware back on track. I miss the old Bioware.

Nabbed Titanfall 2 from Target for $20, once I find the time to play it, I am sure it'll be worth every cent!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Afaicr, iTunes already charges GST in their prices, as Apple has a big Australian presence already.
    Steam game prices are annoying, if it's anything like Adobe's pricing combination of exchange rate shafting us, distributors setting "regional pricing" and Australia's so called "higher cost for warranty/support" - apparently our consumer laws are too expensive for some companies to deal wih
    I ended up doing what I had not done in a long time when buying my latest games. I bought fallout 4 at eb because it was cheaper than steam at release, and more recently I bought bl2 pre-sequel at the eb game sale for $20aud instead of the steam $20usd. Yea, I don't buy many games anymore.

As for warranties, they should just top making garbage products that have an artificial break life span.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I ended up doing what I had not done in a long time when buying my latest games. I bought fallout 4 at eb because it was cheaper than steam at release, and more recently I bought bl2 pre-sequel at the eb game sale for $20aud instead of the steam $20usd. Yea, I don't buy many games anymore.
    Was Fallout 4 a Steam code in a box? I'd be interested in getting a copy from EB if it's a Steam code.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Was Fallout 4 a Steam code in a box? I'd be interested in getting a copy from EB if it's a Steam code.
    All new PC games these days are basically steam codes in a box. They may have like the first 10% of the game install in a DVD and the rest needs to be downloaded.

Got Until Dawn for free on PlayStation Plus. More of story type game like the telltale games, still scared the crap out of me.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    All new PC games these days are basically steam codes in a box. They may have like the first 10% of the game install in a DVD and the rest needs to be downloaded.
    Steam code plus content on disc, can't remember if it was the whole game or not, but probably not knowing Bethesda

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yes it was. A ~25GB download at launch too. The dvd that comes with it just contains the steam installer iirc.

And at the time the season pass that included current and all future dlc was cheapest on steam. It was something like $30. That was the same for the bl2 pre-sequel as well. I got it for about $15 during the steam sale. Cheap to buy the game at eb, then cheap to buy dlc on steam.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------