New/remould/redeco - new
Wave - 3
Released here - June 2018
Approximate Retail Price - ($88)
Approximate Size - 30cm?
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Cybertronian Gorilla/Cargo Ship
Main Features/Gimmicks - Small robot combines with Gorilla to form bigger robot
Main Colours - Orange, grey, blue (Black, white, red for Optimus Primal)
Main Accessories - 2-part gun, blue matrix

Robot Mode:

Now I'm not someone who knows a lot about Beast Wars, but the figure is pretty good. He comes with a gun that splits into 2, but holding it in Optimal Optimus mode is a bit awkward. It works a lot better in Optimus Primal mode. Speaking of which I do love the Optimus Primal figure as well. Instead of transforming into a gorilla, he transforms into a futuristic ship of some sort.

Gorilla Mode:

Similar to the robot mode he is well articulated except for his legs. I do love how he can ride the Optimus Primal ship mode as a hoverboard. Only real downside of the figure is that his back is hollow, although this can be filled with Optimus Primal

Cargo Ship Mode:

His Cargo Ship is OK at best. The Optimus Primal part is the best but the rest does sorta look like a gorilla lying down with its arms and legs positioning itself. Then again the Original Optimal Optimus was like this as well and it's not the main focus as well so it's more of an oversight then anything else.

Overall:
Optimal Optimus is a good modern update of his original toy which was released 2 decades ago! (Wow where has the time gone). He isn't flawless, but he is a fun toy to play with. If you can find him at Big W once the Toy Sale starts on Thursday, I do recommend picking him up