Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5161666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Yeah, for sure there's the luck of the draw on whether you get a worker who's competent or not.

It'll be interesting to see going forward whether more MP-36's get held up or not.
    Well mine will be here this week coming with about 17 other mp and legends figures. Jap ems usually fly through customs so I’ll know pretty quickly if it’s been held up.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I think it is constructive to talk about KOs in regard to why one passed through customs undetected while an official MP-36 did not.
    We can talk/discuss KOs, just not to promote them or encourage others to buy them.

As an extension to this, would a loose official MP-36 pass customs? For example, Robotoybase is quite happy to send items loose in order to save money on shipping. Would customs pick up on this? Particularly if bundled with other loose items?
    MP-5 and MP-36 are both packed in robot mode, so it doesn't matter if it is shipped in or out of the box... it's the x-ray outline of the robot mode that they study and then look out for.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would have thought the scope and the stalk would be the main trigger to alert their system.

BTW, just make sure everyone goes through the normal process of owning one.
    I know quite a lot of people just wing it and tells me I thought there isn't anything prevent QLD or WA from bringing in.

I’ve just started the process of obtaining a permit but... it may appear I have to be a member of a gun club to get the permit. But it also says on the form I can have someone with permit take custody until I obtain one. Talk about a loophole

I prefer to be safe than sorry. When I brought MP36 bag into the country I had my permit on me (packed with the toy in my check-in luggage) and photos of my safe storage compliance on my phone, reading to submit to Customs for inspection upon request. I wasn't pinged, but I was prepared for it.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I’ve just started the process of obtaining a permit but... it may appear I have to be a member of a gun club to get the permit. But it also says on the form I can have someone with permit take custody until I obtain one. Talk about a loophole
    I don't think it will be long before your gun laws change, if you're still in TAS. and if you can own the real thing but not the toy, that's effed up
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I don't think it will be long before your gun laws change, if you're still in TAS. and if you can own the real thing but not the toy, that's effed up
    Yep, pump action shotguns come at me. He’s just land at customs in melb this morning so will know in a few days if my box is megatronless. Maybe I could ask takara to make one that shoots real bullets to make it easier for me to import

Most expensive MP36 Masterpiece ever!

Spiderken Away!

Congrats Ken, glad you got there in the end. Megs is worth it.

Marvellous!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)