Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyfair Australia next week with a fan-meet toy reveal

Default Toyfair Australia next week with a fan-meet toy reveal

The Australian Toy, Hobby and Licensing Fair is on next week from Sunday March 4th at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, and once again, Ozformers will be there to cover the Transformers exhibit, for the eleventh year in a row.
    And just like the last two years, we will be hosting a special exclusive fan-meet with Hasbro Australia, to reveal to the world for the first time officially, three Transformers toys.

Last year it was Slugslinger and Misfire.
    The year before it was Astrotrain, Galvatron and Ravage.
    Who will it be this year?
    Stay tuned to our facebook page and our messageboard for the first reveals on Sunday afternoon.

But... if you live in Melbourne, you have a chance to join us, to be one of the first fans in the world to officially play with these three Transformers toys, and help us spread the word, photos and videos to the rest of the world via social media.
    The first four people (must be over 15) who reply here to say that they will attend Sunday afternoon, will be selected.... but you MUST attend, because if you take up a space and not show up, you won't eligible for future fan events. It just wouldn't be fair to all of the people who miss out.
    Those four people will then be given location & time details by Saturday, of the fan event, and those details must not be revealed to anyone else.

If you miss out on a place here, there are also four spots on offer at the Australian Transformers Club facebook page (the selection method there is at the discretion of their admin of course), and four spots on offer at the Ozformers facebook page.
    With 3 or 4 Ozformers staff in attendance as well, this should mean having about 15 fans sharing in this exclusive event.
    (I wish it could be open to everyone, but we have limited space and resources, and we don't want anything to go missing if we have too many people to monitor.)

Rules are simple and obvious - no stealing or intentional breaking of their toys... do not bring anyone who is not on the list, as you both will be turned away... and if Hasbro has any special rules or requests on the day, they must be adhered to.

We want this to continue each year without anyone spoiling it, as it is very generous of Hasbro America to not show these toys at the New York Toyfair, just to send them to Australia for us to reveal to the world for them. So far we look to be the only country outside of America that they allow for an official, public, global reveal of Hasbro Transformers toys, and we would like to keep that trust they have in us Australian fans.

Since this is really last minute notification from them, and they can only spare 30 minutes before the close of Sunday, there needs to be a disclaimer that as a worst case scenario, this could just end up being a fan meet and dinner if Hasbro are too busy to be able to get away from the Toyfair... but we won't know that until Sunday 4pm.

Last edited by griffin; 1st March 2018 at 08:54 PM.

I can't go, but this is such a cool effort on Griffin and OzFormers behalf.

Can't wait to see the reveals!

Wait a second, are these 3 toys that were not shown at NY Toy Fair?

If it is I hope it's toys from that 4chan leak from the German Toy Fair cause I want that list to be real.

Galvatran Guest

Thumbs up

( I won't be able to attend unfortunately)

Hasbro aside, this event would not be possible without the diligent work griffin has done in building trust & working relationships with Hasbro Product Managers to give us Transformers fans the opportunity to be the first in line to review these new toys. Very much appreciated. Even if you're not crazed up about the new TF toy lines, the opportunity to meet griffin in person while he's in Melbourne is worth attending this meet alone.

Look forward to the write up, as always.

(griffin, hope this time you get to spend more time playing & less being security guard / minder / chauffeur / photographer / etc)

I can go~

Edit: I would like to attend, if you would allow me the opportunity. Understandable if preference goes to other, more active members.

I'm happy to go, but must say I'm rather surprised at the (apparent) lack of interest. Maybe people just haven't noticed yet.

^ it's a great opportunity to look at some new stuff and meet some nice members. I'm not able to make it this Sunday so the meeting of nice members applies more this time!

I'd like to attend if possible, i haven't really contributed to the forum but i do enjoy visiting it!

I'm at work all day otherwise would have applied but I also wanted to say thanks to Griffin and Hasbro for getting this even possible! Well done 😃

Hasbro in America jumped the gun by releasing official images four hours early of the three toys we will be having at the fan meet in two hours time...

I've already taken some photos of the three toys, and might post them up sometime soon, now that the surprise is spoiled... and fansites around the world are already talking about the official images (and already know that these 3 toys are our surprise toys, because Hasbro America's reveal notes that they are the Toyfair Australia toys).

I was going to post up my photos after 4pm, so that it didn't spoil it for most of the attendees of the meet who don't live on social media. Now there doesn't seem to be much point waiting.