Page 122 of 195 FirstFirst ... 102112117118119120121122123124125126127132142 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I can only ever remember the names of 4 of the 5 Aerialbots.

It’s not always the same 4.

I don’t know why this is.
    Poor Alpha Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Poor Alpha Bravo.
    Alpha Bravo + Aerialbots = Fake News #GEEEEEEEWUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I did like the idea of Hasbro injecting some 'new blood' during Combiner Wars into well known teams, but it didn't seem to go down well with long-time fans. Maybe thats why a member of the Combaticons wasn't completely changed? (though Blast Off becoming a jet was hugely controversial)

Did anyone ever make up a gestalt of just the 'bots that Geewunners forgot'?

IE Alpha Bravo, Rook, Offroad, Blackjack, Jet Blastoff.....

You could have the Betatron/Scattorshot variant as the torso...

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    I did like the idea of Hasbro injecting some 'new blood' during Combiner Wars into well known teams, but it didn't seem to go down well with long-time fans. Maybe thats why a member of the Combaticons wasn't completely changed? (though Blast Off becoming a jet was hugely controversial)

I also quite liked the idea. For the Stunticons and Aerialbots it increased variety in the limb molds. All of the Aeiralbot limbs are basically the same, and without Offroad you'd have three sportscar Stunticon limbs.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I think we called the combined gestalt Rejector.

I can only ever remember the names of 4 of the 5 Aerialbots.

It’s not always the same 4.

I don’t know why this is.
    Same. Probably because their decos are so visually similar and they have near identical alt modes, I can only put one name to a face. Sure Air Raid is an Aerialbot, don’t ask me to pick him off the shelf.
    I can remember the protectobots, combaticons and predacons just fine though.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

M-Bot was just being cheeky
    But yeah, some people were actually butt-hurt over it, which was weird. The funny thing is that during G1 everyone was new! When the Aerialbots first came on the scene in 1986 we'd never heard of them before. There's no particular reason why any of these new characters are any better or worse than the existing ones, it's purely subjective bias.

CW Blast Off is a great example, because having him as a jet fighter makes more sense than being a shuttle! Being a shuttle always made Blast Off's alt mode a running joke in G1. And a civilian Concorde jet amid a team of Autobot military aircraft? Alpha Bravo may be a helicopter, but at least he is a military chopper. Admittedly having missiles on the side of a rescue chopper for CW Blades looks weird (maybe they're fire retardant missiles! ), but it does suit Blades' personality as the most violent of the Protectobots.

I was pretty chuffed that they did Combiner Wars Lio Kaiser! An excellent character from Middle G1 that I guess not too many Early G1 fans may have known. Pretty bold move. Shame that we didn't get a CW Landcross or Road Caesar, but ah well.

--------------------
    Early G1 = 1984, 85, 86
    Middle G1 = 1987, 88, 89
    Late G1 = 1990, 91, 92 (and early 1993)

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I think we called the combined gestalt Rejector.

Same. Probably because their decos are so visually similar and they have near identical alt modes, I can only put one name to a face. Sure Air Raid is an Aerialbot, don’t ask me to pick him off the shelf.
    I can remember the protectobots, combaticons and predacons just fine though.
    Air Raid is the only one I can remember by sight.

A jet black F-15 is hard to go past. The rest of them are basically interchangeable.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

But yeah, some people were actually butt-hurt over it, which was weird. The funny thing is that during G1 everyone was new! When the Aerialbots first came on the scene in 1986 we'd never heard of them before. There's no particular reason why any of these new characters are any better or worse than the existing ones, it's purely subjective bias.

CW Blast Off is a great example, because having him as a jet fighter makes more sense than being a shuttle! Being a shuttle always made Blast Off's alt mode a running joke in G1. And a civilian Concorde jet amid a team of Autobot military aircraft? Alpha Bravo may be a helicopter, but at least he is a military chopper. Admittedly having missiles on the side of a rescue chopper for CW Blades looks weird (maybe they're fire retardant missiles! ), but it does suit Blades' personality as the most violent of the Protectobots.
    All of this.

I actually like the idea of different members coming in and out of gestalt teams. It adds greatly to story potential, setting up potential conflicts, altering team dynamics, etc. Alternative members of gestalt teams have no less inherent value than others, other than subjective preference.

I was indeed being cheeky. I love G1, but that’s no more valuable an opinion than any other preference one might have.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    The rest of them are basically interchangeable.
    I gotta say... this is probably what makes the Aerialbots the least interesting compared to other gestalt teams. The limb bots all follow the same basic design plan. It sometimes confused G1 artists and at times you can't tell who's who on Superion.

Which leg is who?
    Good luck telling which limb is who
    YoUr LiF3 iS pAiN

I was indeed being cheeky. I love G1, but that’s no more valuable an opinion than any other preference one might have.
    Oh yeah i totally got that it was tongue-in-cheek don't you worry lads!

CW Blast Off is a great example, because having him as a jet fighter makes more sense than being a shuttle! Being a shuttle always made Blast Off's alt mode a running joke in G1
    EXACTLY. When I first saw photos I thought to myself, oh they finally fixed this! I mean yeah he was a repaint/minor retool, but still, a large brown 'military shuttle' never sat right with me. At least Movor made a bit more sense!

Shame that we didn't get a CW Landcross or Road Caesar, but ah well.
    YES. See, for some reason despite not having watched a huge amount of the Japanese only cartoons (Headmasters, SGMF, Victory, Zone), I REALLY loved the new take/spin on either existing characters (Ginrai as opposed to Prime for example) or their own new releases. Which is why the Big Powered release was too difficult to pass up for me despite my limited room and budget.

I love Road Ceasar's design, he'd be a must as a Neo-Combiner I reckon.