Thread: New details on 2014 show - interview with Hasbro Studios

Default New details on 2014 show - interview with Hasbro Studios

Saw this and it got me all very excited exactly what I was hoping for. Excellent news!!!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...xt-series.html

I wonder what they mean by harkenning back to G1 - in terms of storylines, robot designs, character depth (or lack thereof on occasion ).

This is good news though!

Always worries me, when new transformers are becoming more simpler to transform and someone saying "the transformations are much simpler". I hope the lines of toys don't all turn into the leader classes being some over sized legends class. That stems from this sort of thing.

Was actually thinking simpler transformation was a good thing. I find the newer stuff waaaaaayyy too complicated these days. Even the figs marketed to children.

Transformation for me when I was I kid was an means to an end and done very quickly to get on with the ensuing play and battles

Can't wait to see more details
    Last edited by Gofigure; 11th January 2014 at 05:44 PM.

I'll just be happy if when they say 'harkening back to G1' they mean:

A: Big armies on both sides - enough of this 'small plucky band of Autobots' vs 'Few Decepticon big guys with a disposable, identical cannon-fodder army' crap.

B: The characters seem to enjoy themselves. Half the time the Autobots in G1 seemed like they were pretty damn happy and were off to have a good brawl alongside their mates - they were saving the world and thought it was pretty cool! And Prime used to laugh now and then - remember that? Enough of Mr. Stoic - give us a leader who would be fun to have a beer/energon cube with after the fight!