Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDW - life after Dark Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I don't mind some 'spoilers' for after Dark Cybertron since I can't wait for Dark Cybertron to be over and for season 2 of MTMTE to start, and I don't think MTMTE is spoilt since that story is basically on hold anyway until the crossover is done.
    Yup, 100% on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The third one would have to be a bit of a spoiler, as a certain character looks to be joining the MTMTE series (the one with the Lost Light), AND sporting an Autobot symbol.
    (probably best not to look if you are reading the series)
    *never ending spit-take* @.o

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah Dark Cybertron is dull and uninteresting. It does seem as if it is imposed rather than a free creative effort like the previous MTMTE runs and even RID despite not being very good.

I just hope it ends soon enough and that not much damage comes as a result so we can go back to regular MTMTE quality writing. Before MTMTE issues at Kings sold out within a day, apparently after Dark Cybertron, the issues remain for weeks.
    I don't think Dark Cybertron has damaged MTMTE at all. James Roberts occasionally tweets about season 2. Definitely interested in what makes everyone declare themselves an Autobot and I know Megatron will be handled well. As for RID? It needs a real shake up and I don't know if a return to Earth will do it. Although Police Action was really good (was that Barber or Roberts?)

"Police Action" was still Mike Costa.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    I don't think Dark Cybertron has damaged MTMTE at all. James Roberts occasionally tweets about season 2. Definitely interested in what makes everyone declare themselves an Autobot and I know Megatron will be handled well. As for RID? It needs a real shake up and I don't know if a return to Earth will do it. Although Police Action was really good (was that Barber or Roberts?)
    Given recent lackluster RID scripts, I'm almost missing earth, and humans. There's only so many times you can stand the characters giving dull internal monologues about living in post war Cybertron, and foreshadowing future threats that will never materialize, or turn out to be minor diversions. While I have enjoyed some of the flashback origin stories, the other recent RID stories have lacked drama. As bad as some of the previous runs have been, at least they managed to maintain a sense of drama. RID and now perhaps consequently Dark Cybertron, just feels like it's meandering to nowhere in particular. Perhaps it will all make sense in the end, but they better not need a whole issue of explanation like RID did.