Page 94 of 168 FirstFirst ... 74848990919293949596979899104114 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Thanks guys.

I'll shoot tfi a PM or email if it doesn't arrive tomorrow.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

TFI got in touch with me, rustled up the shipping tracking number and my Azalea was delivered about half an hour ago - thanks a bunch!

(I tried PMing but his inbox was full)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Scored a Planet X Neptune (FoC Sludge) and he's big. Bulkier than voyager Grimlock and not hollow. And lots of clicky ratchet joints, Vangelus would toygasm himself into a coma. I need to get pics of Neptune. I'll try to post them later today.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

KO mp ratbat came wed, not sure how i'm gonna end up posing him with laserbeak on soundwave's lifted arm. Currently balancing on his shoulder but if the floor shakes or door closes he falls. Hopefully i'll put laserbeak on apolyon.

Picked up xtransbots Stax (Pipes) from tfidownunder at supanova, he has a deal on Stax + Krank (Huffer) but I just wasnt sure so only bought one to start. Dont think i'll be getting Krank after opening Stax, which might be a good thing because then I'd want brawny, backland, the seaspray/powerglide if they were mp scale... So i'll just hook up mp-10 trailer and stick bumblebee on the ramp when he comes.

He's cool and all, had me worried with the shoulders really loose in the ball joints out of the box, and popped off during transformation but it was misassembly and they're back on tight. The hips are a little loose, with the backpack it gives him an anime crotch-thrust, but I'll have him in truck mode once bee comes so indifferent. The mirrors though, have to file down the posts to get them in. Overall, happy with both, and Mr Tfiguy is a nice guy too.

MISB G1 Sunstreaker for only $40! I mean, it must be legit, right?

Thought I'd stick my toe in the waters of the KO pool with this one, since I've always wanted a Sunstreaker. I don't want to promote the whole KO thing, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
    Anyway, its origin and the ethical debate relating to its manufacture aside, Sunsteaker is a damn good looking figure in both modes. Awesome display piece.

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Ares will FINALLY be complete when I get home with Not-Divebomb!

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    MISB G1 Sunstreaker for only $40! I mean, it must be legit, right?

Thought I'd stick my toe in the waters of the KO pool with this one, since I've always wanted a Sunstreaker. I don't want to promote the whole KO thing, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
    Anyway, its origin and the ethical debate relating to its manufacture aside, Sunsteaker is a damn good looking figure in both modes. Awesome display piece.

I did as well mate. Don't feel bad lol. G1 Sunstreaker was my first Transformer and there was absolutely NO way that I was going to pay $200+ for a 30 year old toy. It's not helping Hasbro or Takara Tomy in any way, only helping the Scalper's back pockets, so screw them and invest in a nice, brand spanking new, good quality KO for a quarter of the price!

Quote Originally Posted by Tfiguy View Post
    I did as well mate. Don't feel bad lol. G1 Sunstreaker was my first Transformer and there was absolutely NO way that I was going to pay $200+ for a 30 year old toy. It's not helping Hasbro or Takara Tomy in any way, only helping the Scalper's back pockets, so screw them and invest in a nice, brand spanking new, good quality KO for a quarter of the price!
    So yeah... That pretty much sums it up.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Not a new purchase but I have finally had time to build Quantron. He is great (although time consuming to transform). I cannot wait for Guardia.
    Spiderken Away!

That's a HUGE back (because of the bow). This is one of the few 3P combiners I like the aesthetic of (and he's still a bit too slavishly cartoon for me). Still can't afford him.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust