Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone can help fix this broken figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    This looks fixable, it's a hard one but it can be done, it looks like her knee joint pin can't be taken out without some damage to the figure so the best bet is Loctite super glue
    I have a similar issue to mic (broken knee joint of a figure, have been able to at least dissemble my patient) so this info is useful, is this the type of glue you mean?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331795841448
    Would this be the best fix for these types of breaks, ignoring of course a complete knee replacement from a donor bot?

mic: is it possible to dissemble the whole leg somehow?
    I think that's your best bet as that way you can repair the knee properly and slot it back in after it's dried so you wont have an immovable knee

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    Champagne Comedy!
    Here to provide a fellow member with a leg up.

Sellys also a 2 part glue for toys I use it often.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I have a similar issue to mic (broken knee joint of a figure, have been able to at least dissemble my patient) so this info is useful, is this the type of glue you mean?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331795841448
    Would this be the best fix for these types of breaks, ignoring of course a complete knee replacement from a donor bot?

mic: is it possible to dissemble the whole leg somehow?
    I think that's your best bet as that way you can repair the knee properly and slot it back in after it's dried so you wont have an immovable knee
    This is the one and only
    http://www.bunnings.com.au/loctite-2...ional_p1230042

Other super glues may provide a temporary fix but this stuff is the Lord Business of Kragles. To be honest I have never compared the ingredients to the smaller ones but this stuff lasts for years in it's containers without a problem and the nozzle never gets clogged.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

To micfox, from the latest pic you have provided it looks like the thigh can pop off the hip joint and then you can separate the thigh piece as someone else suggested then take out the broken knee joint glue it onto the lower limb and set it back into the upper thigh piece.
    I'm sorry I'm not to up to speed on this figure but I think this can be fixed.
    If the thigh cannot be separated without damaging the figure don't try, just use the Loctite and get a long pin then just dab a light amount onto it and transfer it to the piece inside the knee joint on both sides but be sure not to touch any other part in that area, then press against the lower limb onto the broken part for about thirty seconds, if the joint is fairly loose normally then it would be good to move it around while the pieces are married up and drying in this time, but if it is normally a tight joint then it's probably best to wait for a longer period of time before trying to move it.

I hope this helps
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    To micfox, from the latest pic you have provided it looks like the thigh can pop off the hip joint and then you can separate the thigh piece as someone else suggested then take out the broken knee joint glue it onto the lower limb and set it back into the upper thigh piece.
    I'm sorry I'm not to up to speed on this figure but I think this can be fixed.
    If the thigh cannot be separated without damaging the figure don't try, just use the Loctite and get a long pin then just dab a light amount onto it and transfer it to the piece inside the knee joint on both sides but be sure not to touch any other part in that area, then press against the lower limb onto the broken part for about thirty seconds, if the joint is fairly loose normally then it would be good to move it around while the pieces are married up and drying in this time, but if it is normally a tight joint then it's probably best to wait for a longer period of time before trying to move it.

I hope this helps
    Thanks for all the replies..

I would try to get more pictures and get that glue..

The thigh can be splitted halves to take out the other half of the broken circle in the knee joint. But I am not sure if I am able to put the thigh together again.