Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18283334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: FansProject Upcoming Projects~!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah but what I mean is that the painted armor (done good or not) can be it's own unique pattern since much of the flames of the base figure are covered, specially the hood which is the focus of it.

You can see here that much of the base figure's flame art is covered and what is exposed is not part of a flowing pattern so it can be anything.
    I see it, the thing that would determine it for most people then would be Rodimus' spoiler/wings.

As mentioned in Kaiden's post here,
    (It seemed appropriate to post here too)

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, FansProject have updated their site with the following info:

Causality 2011

* March / CA-01 Warcry
    * April / CA-02 Flameblast
    * May / CA-03 Stormshred
    * June / CA-04 Thunderbomb
    * July / CA-05 Backfire

Also coming in 2011

* WB-002
    * CA-06
    * CA-07
    * Crossfire-03
    * (Audacity) Amelioration of Novel form, HeartMaster — HM-001
    * and much more….
    My 2 Bob is here, but certainly quite awesome news to say the least!

WB-002 must be the Warbot Defender 'Evil Clone. OF YOU!!' version.

Knowing FansProjects, the figure is likely to be more than just a repaint perhaps with new wapons and some re-molding.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    WB-002 must be the Warbot Defender 'Evil Clone. OF YOU!!' version.

Knowing FansProjects, the figure is likely to be more than just a repaint perhaps with new wapons and some re-molding.
    I dunno dude, it could also easily be their 'Broadside' as that's been in development for a while now:

Looks like Not-Broadside is part of the Warbot line, so maybe. Though as Kup says, could be a repaint with new weapons and such. I reckon they would like to get as much out of a mold as they could. Look at the new Causality line, they are repaint/remolds of Not-Swindle and Not-Blast-Off. Suppose we can speculate until we get an official word from them.

Though we know Broadside was planned long ago, we haven't heard any real word they they are still going with it. Though I personally think that Warbot 002 will be Broadside. And I hope he looks good. He deserves a better release than the slab of plastic he got lol

Indeed, it is entirely plausible that WB-002 is as Kup says, a repaint/remold of Not-Springer and, 1AZRAEL1, you make a good argument on the 'Get the most out of it' point but I dunno, I guess I'm just really hoping for Not-Broadside as I'd love a new Triplechanger and Broadside would be really cool IMO.

Does anyone think that Crossfire-03 could be the Glacialbots that were hinted at in the back of the Protector comic?:

I'm personally of the opinion that it may be a Classicsverse Devastator upgrade kit but someone was saying that FansProject said at Botcon that they wouldn't be touching that Hasbro mess - which could be true as some of their designers maybe be working with TFC on the Giant Not-Devastator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed, it is entirely plausible that WB-002 is as Kup says, a repaint/remold of Not-Springer and, 1AZRAEL1, you make a good argument on the 'Get the most out of it' point but I dunno, I guess I'm just really hoping for Not-Broadside as I'd love a new Triplechanger and Broadside would be really cool IMO.
    I too want Broadside, I am just stating that we could all be wrong until FP say something official

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Does anyone think that Crossfire-03 could be the Glacialbots that were hinted at in the back of the Protector comic?:
    Dunno, I haven't got my Protector yet But it seems quite plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Look at the new Causality line, they are repaint/remolds of Not-Swindle and Not-Blast-Off.
    I really like what they've done with Warcry and Flameblast - love the new heads and weapons.

It seems that Warbot-002 is not a repaint of Springer/Defender.

It was pointed out that FP add a letter to the end of their product names for repaints. e.g. Shadow Scyther is TFX-04B. So a Defender repaint would be named WB-001B.

Venksta also pretty much confirmed that WB-002 is either Broadside or Wreck-Gar.

I did some digging and found out some info. I'm posting here what I've posted at Seibertron:

Just to share some info with the fandom. Venksta made some comments on TFW2005 & the Allspark that shed a little light on some things (and make me more confused about others :???.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venksta
    Just confirm, the Causality line is not combiner related. Especially CA-03 to CA-05. CA-01 and CA-02 are Micromaster homages. If they were Battle Gaia homages, FP would not give them new heads or any of the other new stuff.

Also, from the many requests about Crossfire-03, don't be surprised if it turns out green first.

I am neither confirming or denying anything with that last statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx-01 archon
    You're a jerk.

So something that's been green before, but not always, that's not Constructicon related... gah, my brain.
    Well, I back tracked on my previous comment, from the last FP announcement. FP has heard what fans really want. So there could be a chance Crossfire-03 might not be what they intended, but what fans want it to be. This confirms nothing though.
    The Heartmaster is not an upgrade kit. Its totally new, unexpected, and awesome.
    WB-002 is not a Defender repaint or remold. Any repaints/remolds would be the same number, with an added letter. Like TFX-01B for Shadow Commander.
    I had mentioned Crossfire-03 would not be an upgrade, during the last announcement from the group. But since then, after a lot of comments about who people want Crossfire-03 to be, they might get their wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator
    Good point about the numbering. Though, then what IS WB-002? Could be cool if it's another triple changer.
    Well, FPJ did show off silhouettes of not-Broadside and not-Wreckgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonus
    I thought Crossfire was just separate in that the designs came from somebody else.
    Yup, that is true. So Crossfire is not limited to combiners only. Causality is by the same designer, but that line is for stand alone figures now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx-01 archon
    The idea is that FansProject has a core team. Crossfire is for designs that originated outside of that team, but were brought to them for production.

The first Crossfire (the Superion upgrade) is possible evidence of this. Before FP formally announced the release, prototype pics and maybe some 3D renders had already surfaced, with no credit attached. And in that case, the development process was far enough along that I don't believe it got the typical coverage on FP's homepage. FP's usual procedure is to debut their new project on their site first.
    That was the original idea. But all of the Crossfire/Causality series is done by one designer, who is now part of the group. So its no longer a "guest designer" line or series. All in house.