Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternity Convoy (silver ver)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Nice pics Tetsuwan. The macro on my camera doesn't seem to work all that well compared to the super close up's you had. Could be a combination of a lot of other things but I need to fiddle around with it more. It is just a consumer model camera.

With those pictures, I'm not keen on the silver specks in the paintjob of the silver version. So i'm glad I went with the red version.
    Cheers Stompy. A cheating way of getting around the macro option is to take a picture on the biggest size possibel and then crop it. Although I haven't done it there, it can work quite well. Mine is slightly better than the normal compact, but not as sexy as an SLR.

the spekcs I dont mind, it makes it looks more like a mettallic car paint IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    This is a great toy! If anyone isn't buying this just cause it's Optimus Prime and not a better suited character, forget about that and get one!
    Hear Hear! They are brillo. I am thinking of getting the black one too now.....
    I only have one minor complaint.. that is, the leg transformation squishes the pieces too tightly. On going back to car mode, the back windshield plastic has very tiny dents from the compression in robot mode.
    Gonna have to check mine now....

I have also found you can get better leg posing if you dont hook the "ankle" into the back of the car in robot mode. But it can slide out a bit too.

I get the impression that if you've transformed it, you've got the dents
    You can see one side in Stompy's photo:

Aye, there are the dents. Unavoidable once you have transformed the legs. It puts a lot of pressure on that part. Especially once you see how the legs "lock" in place in robot mode.

I'm not too fussed. I'm not a MISB collector and I'd rather worn loved toys than staring at boxes of plastic.

I guess it's a QC issue that got overlooked during prototyping? Or perhaps the prototype plastic probably was stronger and not the clear plastic used for that portion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I'm not too fussed. I'm not a MISB collector and I'd rather worn loved toys than staring at boxes of plastic.
    Amen to that, and some toys just demand to be loved.

Very nice looking these Alternities, I may have to get myself one someday.

I get the impression that if you've transformed it, you've got the dents
    Oh yeh, mine has them as well. That is very the suck innit? This even after all that time it was delayed too...

Very impressive. However I will wait till another character is released as I am not a fan of car convoys or Megatrons.

It would be cool if they release some character who does not have a classics toy since the size is correct for display.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Very impressive. However I will wait till another character is released as I am not a fan of car convoys or Megatrons.

It would be cool if they release some character who does not have a classics toy since the size is correct for display.
    yeah but the style is wrong, it would look as odd as MP Gimlock standing among the classics.

Mind you one of the things I like about these Alternities is that they don't look the same as most TF's. there look is different even to Binaltech.

I think in car mode, the Alternity (and Binaltech before it) look great in the family room, aside from the rest of the collection. They're so nicely done, i used them as ornaments!

Just messing around with my camera, admiring the details on this beauty (and no i don't have a fascination with robot crotches)

Cool Confirmed!

After several months, kicktest still works!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap