Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a Macross fan discusses Masterpiece seeker molds

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My play needs require fast-action rough and tumbling
    Maybe it's just my dirty mind but that could be badly taken out of context

North Melbourne-bot...?

Try grappling/wrestling (I mean real wrestling, not Entertainment Wrestling (TM)) sometime. That'll get you used to extremely close male physical contact real quick.

Autobot martial arts are primarily based on grappling and submissions, e.g.: Diffusion, Jet-Judo (imagine wrestling an opponent in mid-supersonic-flight!)

Ahh to be honest I wasn't thinking of males being rough and tumbling when I made that comment... But I think I'll just leave that post ^^ there alone...

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My play needs require fast-action rough and tumbling (which is why I really liked the fast and blurry fight shots in the TF movie - that's how real fights look like!)! They're at war, damnit!

Exactly, so they should take it seriously if the Decepticons had brains they would just use thier superior flight ability to swoop over the Autobots and carpet bomb them into oblivion, it's not like civillian or friendly fire casulties mean anything to a con. Sure all that martial art stuff is good for hand to hand, but nothing beats having the biggest gun. and firing the biggest gun.
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 7th January 2009 at 10:55 PM.

MP-6 Skywarp is probably my favourite Transformers mold. I think that's what I voted for on Paulbot's Annual poll... it was that or BINALTECH Argent Meister.

I liked the inclusion of the FAST packs/conformal tanks on the jet but it ruined the bot mode for me. I can't undestand the green color of MP-3 either, he could easily have used Gunship Grey whch has a similar darkness if he was concerned about color blending or realism. Instead it's that weird green color he uses for the VF-1 Valkyrie FAST packs...

What gets to me tho is that it wouldn't have been that hard to have the cake and eat it too. By dissecting the conformal tank extension the cut away piece could have remained attached to the back and the tail-fin part modified to remain on the ankles so you don't need an A-stance pose to display it standing. It's also possible to leave the gattling guns attached to the ends of the wings too (or a tiny bit of blu-tak to keep them there) instead of having them sit next to his head.

The MP seeker mold looks good displayed with Alternators/BINALTECH toys tho. They share the same samurai armor aesthetic and the head size is about the same. I still believe MP-3 was envisioned as a Decepticon line of BINALTECH rather than a tribute to the Macross Plus YF-19 and 21 designs. The 1/60 scale also means it looks good displayed with Yamato Valks too, however if it was 1/48 scale it would have been the right scale to pose with MP-1 and MP-5, plus the modding opportunities as many F-15 models are 1/48.

The thing that REALLY annoys me about the MP seeker molds is the squashed head. I actually started doing CAD redesigns for it... costs alot to get rapid prototyping done tho, even small stuff.

I'm a big Kawamori and Macross fanboy too, but to me his only failure is what he did to the MP Seeker mold. And Barasa...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I have Greenscream, Skywarp and a later Takara release G1 colored MP Screamer as well. Hasbro did release first the G1 colored Screamer but I prefer the Takara released version which doesn't have that horrid Battle damage markings Hasbro prefers to put ( just like in the MP prime Version). My MP G1 colored screamer is clean white, no black scorch blotches here and there. At first I thought it was all Hasbro releases, but I became aware that there was second release of the G1 colored Screamer when I read it somewhere in a foreign forum and when I was scouting for one during my holidays in Phils. The sellers were charging a bit more as well for the takara release - about 300- 500 pesos more ($10- $15) So I asked whats the difference and they pointed out that the Tkara released is "clean", packaging wise, its just a simple sticker of a silhouette F15 with Japanese words in the front of the packaging.

I agree with what has been said about the division of fans on MP-03. Its really 'coz of the ugly coloring and the fiddly plastic used, which easily shows stress marks and kinda ruins the look of the figure, this is especially at the wings connection plastics. I almost broke mine the first time I tried transforming Greenscream. After which he was displayed for months in Jet mode. Once I got the Takara G1 colored one, I was really pleased as the plastic material isn't as weak and soft as the original Greenscream plastic material. Skywarp is pure joy. I'm still waiting to get my mitts on Thundercracker (come Parra fair ) and hoping he's not one with horrendous QC issues I can't tolerate ( money flushing down the drain). Another indeed is the tailfin kibble, although the modification in display made by kup is most helpful. I did try that once before, but ended up just retaining them in their balljoints and it grows on you anyhow. In time it doesn't bother me anymore. About the head size, well, it doesn't bother me , I didn't even think of it until Tober pointed it out. Mebbe 'coz The Alts also have small heads that I didn't even get concerned about it.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 7th January 2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Lord Zed: I've replied to your last post here