Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 263641424344454647484950515666 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It also speaks volumes about Cranston's skills are a parent (or lack thereof) to have raised a son like that. He must be proud.
    I don't think that is a fair comment. I am sure there are some very decent parents who have had their kids turn out to be monsters. You can't always blame the parents.

As we do not know what he was like as a parent, I think it unfair to assume he was a bad parent because his 30 year old son turns out to be a fraudster. For all we know, he may have been completely legitimate until the temptation dealing with all that money became too much.

"Show me the boy at 7 and I will show you the man." - Aristotle

In other celebrity news, Roger Moore has sadly passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Hopefully not an IT worker from Telstra!
    I said god, not demon.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Hmm, that feeling when you know there's a toy somewhere in the cupboard that you want to get to but can't be arsed moving everything around to get to it...
    Funny you should mention that.
    I've got an EP.3 Black series Obi Wan figure.
    It's in a box somewhere.
    I don't know if this figure is in it's original release package variant or the second release version -either way, I'd have to hunt 1 more of the 2 versions down.
    It''s a case of the CBF's if there ever was one.

FatalityPitt Guest

RIP Adam West. Sad news. Will always happily remember watching Batman on TV after school.

I was really surprised to hear that his Batman show was only produced for 2 years, way back in 1966 to 1968... a bit like the original Star Trek TV show produced at the same time - a really short run, but an ongoing legacy to this day.

The Australian Border Security show often has subtitles for those with limited English or a strong accent... so it was amusing to see the Canadian Border Security episode tonight have subtitles for an Australian who had been stopped for several suspicious things (bringing with him weapons, drug material and tagging paint pens). It probably didn't sound like it was necessary to us, but the producers of the show thought it was necessary for their Canadian viewers.

It reminded me of some times in America, when I've had to repeat myself because my accent was probably a little too much for some of the areas of the country that have really strong accents of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

The Australian Border Security show often has subtitles for those with limited English or a strong accent... so it was amusing to see the Canadian Border Security episode tonight have subtitles for an Australian who had been stopped for several suspicious things (bringing with him weapons, drug material and tagging paint pens). It probably didn't sound like it was necessary to us, but the producers of the show thought it was necessary for their Canadian viewers.

It reminded me of some times in America, when I've had to repeat myself because my accent was probably a little too much for some of the areas of the country that have really strong accents of their own.
    Story of my life *shrugs*
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No offence, but you are very softly spoken. I sometimes find myself asking you to repeat yourself simply because I didn't hear you properly the first time around, and I know that sometimes you get frustrated and go, "Tsk, never mind..." as if I'm not being attentive, but uh... it's cos I can't hear you sometimes.

Maybe I'm hard of hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Maybe I'm hard of hearing.
    I may be too, actually, I probably am. The mrs insists on getting it checked, but self pride, machismo, red meat and all of the rest kick in.

Best one I had to date was when my Admin Manager, who was a soft-spoken Englishwoman, replied to a question & I thought she said "Why would you want to put Julio in the camel?"