Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Sold out at Big W and anywhere else that I know of. Nintendo promises more stock so we shall see.

Does this thread include vintage arcade games? Went to a great bar tonight that has a bunch of old arcade games, plus old school stuff all over the place like a wall of VHS tapes. Was a nice place

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sold out at Big W and anywhere else that I know of. Nintendo promises more stock so we shall see.
    Looks like there's plenty of stock available on EBGames website now, both for delivery and in stores.
    Makes me think that EB exaggerated the limited nature of their preorder numbers, either that or Nintendo came through with a lot more stock for the first round then anyone thought they would

^Thanks man, though I'll have to wait until next week to get it looks like there is a ton of stock in stores in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Does this thread include vintage arcade games? Went to a great bar tonight that has a bunch of old arcade games, plus old school stuff all over the place like a wall of VHS tapes. Was a nice place
    Why not?

Adding games to the SNES Mini is quite easy, I've got 60 now

Which bar? where?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Which bar? where?
    1989 Bar Arcade Kitchen in Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Adding games to the SNES Mini is quite easy, I've got 60 now
    I've still got to get through the 20 it came with.

I tried a few of the games I'd never played before and they aren't impressing me at first go (games like Super Metroid, Super Ghouls and Goblins, Starfox)

But for the games I had as a teenager it's like no time has passed. I spent a few hours playing Super Mario World on the weekend and in some ways it's easier than it was to play than when I was younger, but mostly because the levels are so familiar to me I don't have to think much and the muscle memory is still perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've still got to get through the 20 it came with.

I tried a few of the games I'd never played before and they aren't impressing me at first go (games like Super Metroid, Super Ghouls and Goblins, Starfox)

But for the games I had as a teenager it's like no time has passed. I spent a few hours playing Super Mario World on the weekend and in some ways it's easier than it was to play than when I was younger, but mostly because the levels are so familiar to me I don't have to think much and the muscle memory is still perfect.
    I initially only wanted to add the glaring omissions of DKC 2&3, Chrono Trigger and Mario All-Stars and licenced impossibilities like Turtles in Time and Jurassic Park. It snowballed from there

I gotta recommend giving Metroid a fair shake, it's a truly special adventure.