Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1828333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

\m/ Hells Yeah!!! \m/

Just preordered my copy of Black Sabbath's newest Album '13', 2CD Deluxe Edition no less!, via this link right bloody-well here!

Coupled with the fact that I'll be seeing 'em in Sydney with Mr. 1AZRAEL1 in April, a very Black Sabbath year it'll be!

I find Black Sabbath's website embarrassing.
    Even though Bill Ward is not in the band, did they have to crop him out of every picture?
    And according to the discography, they didn't release anything after 'Never Say Die'.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I find Black Sabbath's website embarrassing.
    Even though Bill Ward is not in the band, did they have to crop him out of every picture?
    Actually YES, Bill Ward & his legal team specifically requested that his image not be associated with this iteration of the line up - I really wanted to see him in the mix too but alas it wasn't to be.

And according to the discography, they didn't release anything after 'Never Say Die'.
    Well, beyond the 2001 Reunion Live Tour album & DVD they didn't release anything since 'Never Say Die' - As said tour & media heavily incorporates Bill Ward, see the above.

The must have really pissed Bill Ward to have him do that.

What about albums like 'Heaven & Hell', 'Mob Rules', 'Born Again', 'Headless Cross', 'Dehumanizer', etc. They are all Black Sabbath albums, and shouldn't be ignored just because Sharon Osbourne's husband wasn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    \m/ Hells Yeah!!! \m/

Coupled with the fact that I'll be seeing 'em in Sydney with Mr. 1AZRAEL1 in April, a very Black Sabbath year it'll be!
    Don't forget me! I'll be there in all my glory!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    The must have really pissed Bill Ward to have him do that.
    Seems completely sensible to me; he's not participating so why allow for his image to be used for free?

What about albums like 'Heaven & Hell', 'Mob Rules', 'Dehumanizer'...
    As of 'The Devil You Know', the Dio-iteration of the band was henceforth to be known as Heaven & Hell - This arose out of the court decision that found Ozzy & Tony owning equal-halved rights to the name Black Sabbath.

'Born Again', 'Headless Cross', etc...
    These iterations having only Iommi (Occasionally Butler) as the sole original member in their line-ups, have been described by Iommi on a number of occasions to of never have been intended to be Black Sabbath albums; Purely due to the Record Label's management were they forcibly labelled as such so they're really only Black Sabbath albums in name only.

They are all Black Sabbath albums, and shouldn't be ignored just because Sharon Osbourne's husband wasn't involved.
    Geeze, didn't see this coming...
    This incredibly petty statement had me 2nd guess even replying to your post but I felt that it needs to be pointed out:

The website, this new album & its marketing are very clearly pointing & focusing on the Original Ozzy Osbourne fronted line-up and that in no way is any of it trying to lessen or discount the later line-up's efforts; it just so happens that those line-ups had nothing to do with this iteration & therefore make absolutely no sense in referencing, for the reasons I've already mentioned and likely many others.

Why it is that the 'Sharon Osbourne Lynch Mob' feel they need to make their presence & opinions felt every time someone mentions Ozzy Osbourne in a positive light, or express their adoration for the man, baffles me - go and rain on someone else's parade.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Don't forget me! I'll be there in all my glory!
    Good! - You had better bloody-well be!

Bought Jason Newsted's solo effort "Newsted - Metal" and I have to say I am damn impressed. It's actually a really good set of songs. Sadly only 4 songs, but it's an EP. Well worth the $6.99 pricetag (and even better at 20% off at JB Hifi over the weekend )

It's straight out in your face heavy metal. Go forth and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Bought Jason Newsted's solo effort "Newsted - Metal" and I have to say I am damn impressed. It's actually a really good set of songs. Sadly only 4 songs, but it's an EP. Well worth the $6.99 pricetag (and even better at 20% off at JB Hifi over the weekend )

It's straight out in your face heavy metal. Go forth and buy it.
    I'm assuming that it's all instrumental / guitar?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm assuming that it's all instrumental / guitar?
    Nah he sings as well. He always did backing vocals