Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's 3rd Party Articles & Reviews

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default This Is Spartan

This. Is. Spartan. Mastermind Creations have finally given sections of the Transformers fandom a figure they have been craving for almost 30 years, Impactor. Of course, MMC’s Reformatted R-13 is called ”Spartan” and is based heavily on the IDW design for Impactor, as seen in Chaos Theory and Last Stand Of The Wreckers. Fans of the Marvel UK Transformers comics rejoice, the leader of the Wreckers is finally available in toy form – just ahead of the official Impactor that the official Collector’s Club will offer as a Combiner Wars repaint and in place of the never-released iGear Presser.

This Is Spartan | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default Voodoo Salus

Ok then, here it is, the Voodoo Robots Salus review:

Square One: Voodoo Robots PS-01 Salus Review <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default MakeToys Gundog

My full review and gallery of MakeToys Gundogs 2Y and 2N.

Square One: MakeToys MTRM-02 Gundog (MP Hound)

All the best
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post

This Is Spartan | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz
    you did it Maz, I saw this guy at the Penrith fair a couple weeks ago and bought him, largely on the strength of your review. It's a great toy. my only complaint is it's a little difficult to line all the segments up when converting back to robot. This is probably the best quality third party/independent figure I've ever had. Very happy, not to get hold of the other mmc figures that make up the DJD.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Default FansToys FT-11 Spotter

Is it better than MakeToys Visualizers? No matter what else gets covered in this review of FansToys FT-11 Spotter - their stab at a Masterpiece version of a well known transforming evil 3-guy camera - that first question is one I have been asked non-stop since teasing my first image of the review last week, and one that a number of purchases depend on for people. Not necessarily my answer to that question, but generally. Many collectors may have held off buying the MakeToys Visualizers because they needed to see how Spotter turned out. This is not surprising as FansToys have tended to be the go-to 3rd party company for Masterpiece style figures, and the Visualizers were not hands-down winners for everyone on release. Let's see if we can answer that burning question, as well as everything else we need to know about FT-11.

Spot On (FansToys FT-11 Spotter) | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default Stomp! - FansToys FT-07 MP Sludge

Well, 2016 is off to an excellent start! FansToys, 3rd Party makers of toys that aim to unofficially complete your Masterpiece Transformers collection, bring us the fourth in their series of Iron Dibots, transforming dinosaurs not completely unlike those Dinobot fellows you may have heard of. FT-07 is Stomp, the brontosaurus of the five-member team, following Scoria, Soar and Sever. It has been clear that FansToys have improved every release so that the newest Dibot is a little better than the last, and Stomp is absolutely no exception. This pre-release test shot Stomp demonstrates that FT have learned lessons from those previous releases, and applied them successfully to this absolute beast of a figure. Stomp is wow factor incarnate.

Stomp! (FansToys FT-07 Stomp) | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Awesome review Maz, I can't wait to get Stomp and your comments have only made that wait alot harder 😉 Stomp looks fantastic.

I have been a fan of the Iron Dibots and I am looking forward to completing the set

I'm seriously considering jumping in on the entire line.

my only holdback is the best price /availability for the Scoria is the X version which seems to have shiny silver paint as opposed to Grey plastic. I'm a little concerned it will stick out too much against all the other grey plastic members of the team. but maybe that's a good thing a bit more variation and individuality amongst the group.

I pinged Maz on the Twitters and he's never seen the X version in person so couldn't really provide an in hand opinion. which I totally appreciate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If I knew for sure that they'd release them all in the X variants, I'd sell off my normal releases and buy them instead. They look heaps better. But since I'm not sure, I'll stick with the toon versions (which also look awesome)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Default Comic Book Villains

Mastermind Creations continue to do that which many others dare not, explore the realm of the current IDW Transformers comic universe and give us figures of characters that Hasbro never will. No Masterpiece mimicking here, no hundredth version of the same character or combiner, but instead we have toys of characters seen sparingly in the comics. That is not to say evil buggers Anarchus and Commotus were bit part and forgettable, quite the opposite, but from a handful of memorable appearances to actual 3rd party product with not insignificant price tags? We should applaud and thank MMC for these.

Comic Book Villains (MMC Anarchus & Commotus) | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz