Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen2 Defensor gallery

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Semi related:

It looks like the original winner of that Gen 2 Stunticon set has put it up for sale on Ebay. By the sound of the description, there wasn't a very happy ending.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301678256100
    Yowsers.

Semi related:

It looks like the original winner of that Gen 2 Stunticon set has put it up for sale on Ebay. By the sound of the description, there wasn't a very happy ending.

They should still go for a pretty penny, perhaps not $30K AUD but still it's the only one publicly available right now and since the auction from last year.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Yes he did have three sets, I believe that the buyer and the seller then came to a later agreement on a more fair price considering that he blatantly mislead those who were very interested in it on one of the US TF forums, where a lot of bidders were communicating with the seller (during and not so much post auction) and each other (during and a lot post auction).
    However, what I find more interesting is that there were three bidders who pretty much bid the same price at the last second, one actually missed out on the bid opportunity due to being seconds too late. OTCA is the only forum I'm on in the Internets but I followed this all very closely on the US forum due to my own interest in the item and that I was bidding quite high on it too.
    When it's all said and done, the seller messed up pretty bad, and I personally think if he just put it on e-bay and made a straight description without any BS that is was the only one and rare etc, it would have generated enough buzz in the community to gain a high bid, then maybe a year later he does the second one, and while some eyebrows might be raised he would still get a decent price for it, and/or he solicits bidders who missed out by contacting via e-bay, or waits until the offers come in. There were so many better ways to do it, fans are so hungry for this kind of thing, I mean, look at the new Devastator and the angst that has caused, and that is and will be a mass produced item.
    The seller got a baptism of fire in the world of Transfandom, but imho the buyer should have just been happy with what he got at the price he bid on rather than make a public spat over the seller's deception. I know if I my budget at the time allowed I would have bid to the final value and had I won I would have been absolutely stoked and if I found out after the auction the seller had two more, yes, I might give a big F U to him but I'd still have only one of three bagged sets of G2 Stunticons, and that is something pretty special.

Disclaimer: my memory of how this all went is pretty clear and some of the posts from that huge thread have been deleted since it went all screwy afaik so I may have some of my story wrong and for that I apologise for those involved. Anyway it was one hell of a couple of weeks for this Transformer fan
    Cheers for the clarification

Semi related:

Damn - the poor bugger really does feel burned doesn't he! Can't really blame him but I think I still would have held onto them although I suppose if they cause bitterness instead of enjoyment he is doing the right thing.

TFW2005 has this new auction frontpaged and it mentions there are atleast 10 known G2 Stunticon sets in the wild. IMO the original auction seller was deliberately misleading people with the wording of the auction and his interaction with the fandom. HighPrime was happily planning to sell his large collection for this one piece until he found out how much he had gotten screwed. I think the later agreed to cheaper price even had a NDA attached to it.

That seller (z75sales) abuses eBay policies expertly and I wouldn't touch anything he sells with a 100 foot pole because he gladly milks his items as far as possible beyond their going value and what details you find out later may disgust you like what happened to HighPrime and his holy grail.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I only just tried to read through most of it the other night, it seems that he embellished the item description a bit which while looking back is definitely a bit sneaky and carefully worded technically I don't think there was anything actually illegal or against policies. Which I guess made it worse!

Basically he hyped the auction up a bit, used the phrase "this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to own something like this", knew that this was an extremely rare set and then afterwards said "oh hey look I actually have a few more of these who wants them"

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Yes he did have three sets, I believe that the buyer and the seller then came to a later agreement on a more fair price considering that he blatantly mislead those who were very interested in it on one of the US TF forums, where a lot of bidders were communicating with the seller (during and not so much post auction) and each other (during and a lot post auction).
    However, what I find more interesting is that there were three bidders who pretty much bid the same price at the last second, one actually missed out on the bid opportunity due to being seconds too late. OTCA is the only forum I'm on in the Internets but I followed this all very closely on the US forum due to my own interest in the item and that I was bidding quite high on it too.
    When it's all said and done, the seller messed up pretty bad, and I personally think if he just put it on e-bay and made a straight description without any BS that is was the only one and rare etc, it would have generated enough buzz in the community to gain a high bid, then maybe a year later he does the second one, and while some eyebrows might be raised he would still get a decent price for it, and/or he solicits bidders who missed out by contacting via e-bay, or waits until the offers come in. There were so many better ways to do it, fans are so hungry for this kind of thing, I mean, look at the new Devastator and the angst that has caused, and that is and will be a mass produced item.
    The seller got a baptism of fire in the world of Transfandom, but imho the buyer should have just been happy with what he got at the price he bid on rather than make a public spat over the seller's deception. I know if I my budget at the time allowed I would have bid to the final value and had I won I would have been absolutely stoked and if I found out after the auction the seller had two more, yes, I might give a big F U to him but I'd still have only one of three bagged sets of G2 Stunticons, and that is something pretty special.

Disclaimer: my memory of how this all went is pretty clear and some of the posts from that huge thread have been deleted since it went all screwy afaik so I may have some of my story wrong and for that I apologise for those involved. Anyway it was one hell of a couple of weeks for this Transformer fan

The G2 Stunticons sold for $14,200... so he lost about $11,000 on the set.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Remind me to tell my wife about this - he lost more on one Transformers deal than I spend on TF's in a year

That's still a decent price. Under the circumstances I'd be happy if I was him.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Remind me to tell my wife about this - he lost more on one Transformers deal than I spend on TF's in a year
    Are you implying that you spend this much in 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not a bad price to sell them for, especially given the circumstances but man what a pill to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Are you implying that you spend this much in 2 years?
    exactly what I was thinking, I don't know how many years it would take me to spend 11K on Transformers but it would be at least a few, especially if my two Botcon trips are taken out as outliers.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)