Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Transformers GENERATIONS & EXCLUSIVES News and reveals

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    The Combiner Wars line has been very exciting with the start of Superion Menasor, Defensor and Devastator but after that it is slowly getting redundant with only lazy repaints and minimal remoulds with only Bruticus seems to be the last to reignite the excitement
    I can't disagree that there's a good deal of redundancy. Reusing the stunticon moulds for the third or fourth time for Sky Reign, for example, is starting to wear thin. That said I do disagree that the repaints are in any way lazy; reimagining those moulds as G1 characters who haven't had toys for a while is at least inventive.

But for me Bruticus is actually one of the biggest missteps. Superion, Bruticus, and Devastator are the three combiners that always get made whenever Hasbro returns to the combiner well. We had a new Bruticus toy only a couple of years ago. For me, to see that Hasbro are churning out another new Bruticus yet again, but all we get from Computron is a Scattershot repaint with little new moulding and no new combined mode is heartbreaking. I can't bring myself to be excited for Bruticus when that slot could and should have gone to Computron.

On the other hand, Sky Lynx looks awesome, and while not the most breathtaking of released, the G2 repaints are at least fun. I can see why opinion is divided on Victorion, but I for one am looking forward to her. I just wish we could have got Computron instead of Bruticus #512.

I wouldn't be surprised if a proper complete computron is revealed down the road. after all they called this one betatron, it's almost like they are trolling the fandom.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a proper complete computron is revealed down the road. after all they called this one betatron, it's almost like they are trolling the fandom.
    I live in hope. Three out of the four deluxes can be done relatively easily with existing moulds (Afterburner being a repaint of Takara's Groove), but I can't see Nosecone coming from anything we've already seen unless they completely redesign the alt mode. Also, with the recent kerfuffle about his name being assigned to a Dinobot, I'd bet Strafe would be the most likely to be replaced with a new character. That said, unless Hasbro have really decided to go whole hog for NYCC which they normally don't, I think they're done with Combiner Wars after Sky Reign. Which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctorro View Post
    I haven't received any emails, do you know if Hasbro have started sending them yet?
    I received one on the 7th of July, I'm guessing it will probably be a monthly newsletter.
    Nothing special in it, just links to some articles on the Pulse website, although the article about Quickslinger & Brake-Neck was an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I live in hope. Three out of the four deluxes can be done relatively easily with existing moulds (Afterburner being a repaint of Takara's Groove), but I can't see Nosecone coming from anything we've already seen unless they completely redesign the alt mode. Also, with the recent kerfuffle about his name being assigned to a Dinobot, I'd bet Strafe would be the most likely to be replaced with a new character. That said, unless Hasbro have really decided to go whole hog for NYCC which they normally don't, I think they're done with Combiner Wars after Sky Reign. Which is sad.
    Well there are supposed to be four full Combiners a year plus box sets and "extra" torsos, we know of Bruticus and Sky Reign for 2016, Victorion and the G2 sets are box sets, so there's still a chance of Computron being one of the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I received one on the 7th of July, I'm guessing it will probably be a monthly newsletter.
    Nothing special in it, just links to some articles on the Pulse website, although the article about Quickslinger & Brake-Neck was an interesting read.
    I'll keep an eye out. It is possible that email ended up in my spam folder.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Well there are supposed to be four full Combiners a year plus box sets and "extra" torsos, we know of Bruticus and Sky Reign for 2016, Victorion and the G2 sets are box sets, so there's still a chance of Computron being one of the other two.
    Yeah, but what about Titan Wars?

I hate being negative about this hobby, I really do, but I just can't help feeling gipped that we got yet another Bruticus instead of Computron. I just can't. And I think Hasbro are about ready to move on after wave 6. I really hope I'm wrong.

I think one thing I dislike about CW is that only some Legends and the Leaders don't actually combine. Why can't we have more normal deludes and voyagers?

#waitingforcomputron
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Yeah, but what about Titan Wars?

I hate being negative about this hobby, I really do, but I just can't help feeling gipped that we got yet another Bruticus instead of Computron. I just can't. And I think Hasbro are about ready to move on after wave 6. I really hope I'm wrong.
    Titan Wars is 2017 I think, which makes sense, as Hasbro have been saying CW would go for two years.

As for Bruticus, I'm actually glad he's getting the CW treatment, sure there was the FOC hack and the PCC/Movieverse versions, but Superion got that too, and I want a set of Combaticons that fit in with my other CW figures. The two waves of random Autobots are less appealing to me, but to newer or younger collectors, to be able to pick up versions characters that haven't been released in 6-10 years is still a pretty sweet offering from Hasbro.

I gave it a go at registering, to see what happens... to see if they've put a stop to non-Americans getting around the registration restrictions, and if they have any of the exclusive comics left to send out.

In the city box, I put down "Sunnybank-Australia" and a zero in front of the four digit "Zipcode" (in case it rejected it for not having the minimum 5 digits of American zipcodes).
    For the state code though, the closest one to QLD looked to be ID (Idaho).

We'll see how it goes.... even if it is just getting on the emailing list, that's okay.