Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage

Looks like Road Rage will be out in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    So if Road Rage is MP-26, it will be a regular release, instead of a limited version?
    As long as no cigarette companies have a problem, it should be regular release.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So it seems we can be relatively confident that MP27 will be Ironhide and that we may see him in November/December.
    Last edited by Kranix; 24th April 2015 at 08:53 AM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

[QUOTE=Kranix;468684]So it seems we can be relatively confident that MP27 will be Ironhide and that we may see him in November/December.[/QUOTE

Unsure if such thing is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by djanscak View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but weren't MP12/14 and MP17/18/19 basically the same molds, respectively? I don't think this is anything new. But I'm a newbie with 21st century transformers...
    Yes but those figures/characters have their own place as legitimate characters on screen in the G1 cartoon.

Other recolours have had letters designated to them with their MP number when they re-released moulds as characters from other transformers continuities. Eg: MP11S, MP12G.

Although some might argue that MP13B should have had it's own number given that Soundblaster was a legit character in (Japanese) G1 also. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Yes but those figures/characters have their own place as legitimate characters on screen in the G1 cartoon.

Other recolours have had letters designated to them with their MP number when they re-released moulds as characters from other transformers continuities. Eg: MP11S, MP12G.

Although some might argue that MP13B should have had it's own number given that Soundblaster was a legit character in (Japanese) G1 also. Meh.
    You could work on the theory that Mould change = new number with each of those, but then you fall into issues with MP-12G and MP-13B, especially since you get Ratbat there as well....

Then I had a brainwave...

MP-12G, MP-13B, MP-21G, MP-05G are all the SAME CHARACTER as the original, just the Gen 2 version, or electrum coated, or back from the dead.

Also explains why MP-11A and MP-11SW kept Starsceams number, as they had no mould changes (I know, I should open mine and check... might be a different smirk or something) And I think MP-10 EVA is a straight repaint too (might check when i get home from work.... good excuse to get him off the shelf)

And of course if you want an exemption to the rule.... MP-10 A and B had their should leveled of the Autobot insignia, so the Ape/Decepticon tampo could go on.

If they suitably feminize the characters robot mode I may pick it up simply for the novely of having a female Masterpiece figure (is she Bot or Con?). If its just a slightly changed Tracks I wont bother. I got Exhaust for the novelty of the character but other non-TF characters like Tigertracks I've skipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Also explains why MP-11A and MP-11SW kept Starsceams number, as they had no mould changes
    Acidstorm is just an imported Hasbro toy, so wasn't going to get a TakaraTomy MP number.... while Skywarp was a Hasbro HK toy, so also wasn't going to get a TakaraTomy MP number (despite them packaging it in a JP box, because they weren't able or willing to use the Hasbro packaging).
    So ignore any HK exclusive MP toys that were in Japanese packaging, as TakaraTomy probably wouldn't allow them to use new MP numbers in case they clash with their future numbers.

As for the others that are from TakaraTomy, it seems that the general rule is that after the "reboot" from MP-10, any new character that has remoulding, gets a new number... but new characters that are basically redecos (Tigertrack) and existing characters with new moulding (G2 Sideswipe, Soundblaster) don't get a new number.
    (unfortunately, since Ratbat was paired with Soundblaster, it will always remain as an exception to every rule)

Personally I do not care what number it is. With the first lot of MP's being all over the place scale wise I don't think numbering consistency is an issue. I don't have all the Mp's because of scale or because they are characters that mean nothing to me. To me scale is more important than numbering.
    Spiderken Away!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Personally I do not care what number it is. With the first lot of MP's being all over the place scale wise I don't think numbering consistency is an issue. I don't have all the Mp's because of scale or because they are characters that mean nothing to me. To me scale is more important than numbering.
    yup, they can do MP "A" "B" C for all I care, the toy is what matters. For me, scale, and quality, even if it means paint apps.