Size/class - Voyager
New/remould/redeco – New
Wave – 2
Released here - June 2017
Approximate Retail Price - $50
Approximate Size – 18cm
Allegiance -Decepticon
Alt-mode – Cybertronian Jet Fighter
Main Features/Gimmicks – none (face mask pieces are separate from head, but do not close for armoured mode)
Main Colour – Gold, teal, grey
Main Accessories – Sword (fusion cannon permanently affixed)

Review in capsule form. Just try and stop me.

- This comes in robot mode out of the box. Everything is tight, which is a nice change from some of the wave 1 TLK figures.
- Sculpting on this figure is on point. I enjoy the assymetrical chest+soulder armour, and the head especially. The most I can fault it is that the fusion cannon feels perhaps slightly too small, but then on the other hand it is fully integrated and doesn't partsform, so I can't really complain too much.
- Articulation is all there aside from swivel wrists, a waist swivel, and foward and backward ankles. I really enjoy that the head is on a double joint, and that the ankles have an impressive side to side range (and therefore are not molded in an A stance). None of the armour gets in the way of any articulation whatosever.
- HOLLOW F***ING FOREARMS.
- Transformation is very very fun. After the AOE line, and even the DOTM line, this feels like a return to good, fun, involved transformations. I love the way that the wings wrap around the legs. I love that the torso ends up being the front of the plane and the rest of the mass moves around to form the fuselage and wings.
- They finally did it! A Cybertronian alt-mode for Megatron that doesn't feel token, or slapped together. It's more than a robot just sitting down, or with its arms out to the side! Impressive wingspan, and the underside doesn't feel too kibbly. This is probably aided by the fact that the kibble is fairly evenly spread (so you don't end up with a potbellied jet) and also the whole Cybertronian thing. It looks like a meaner, modernised version of G1 Cyclonus.
- Everything tabs and clips together perfect.
- Sculpted detail is beautiful on the jet mode too. There's slightly more gold on show here than in robot mode, which really works.

So that's it. Fun robot mode, fun transformation, good looking alt mode. A few minor flaws that I've noticed are more or less franchise wide now (hollow forearms!) but nothing to kick up a fuss about.

The Bayverse Megatron voyager class figures have generally been quite decent. I'm really very fond of the DOTM Megatron, but this blows it out of the water. If you're thinking about it, don't hesitate.

Given the sword, and similar alt-mode and transformation, I wouldn't mind seeing this re-used as a homage to Cyclonus at some point.

EDIT: There is a transformation joint about halfway down the shin, which combined with the molded armour panels in that area can be used as a limited stand in for foward/back ankle articulation.