View Poll Results: JP LG-60 Overlord - worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • Only if (cheap or something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not planning to get it

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - JP LG-60 Overlord

Yeah, it's something that they do in the cartoon. Convenient excuse as to how Overlord can fly between places at speed while bringing his tank half along, as opposed to say what happens with Omega Supreme.

I really like the subtle differences that Takatom made between the two modes of Overlord Giga and Overlord Mega.

Also, the way the feet are Transformed just gives that little bit of extra height, but it isn't as stable as the flat footed way.

Here are his and her modes according to the instructions:

Overlord Giga

Overlord Mega

Chest is closed and Nose of jet is left on the back.

And comparison with mould-buddy Sky Shadow

One thing I found rather annoying is that there is an embedded section on the underside of the nose of the jet. It is obviously meant to be for a Decepticon insignia to be proudly displayed in the fortress base mode, but it doesn't have one.

I ended up messing about a bit to put my own one on there and it makes quite a bit of difference and helps the base feel a bit better. Out of Sky Shadow and OL, SS definitely has the better base mode I think.

Overlord looks quite a bit taller than Skyshadow. Is this a thing we knew? I don't recall seeing a side by side comparison before.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Overlord looks quite a bit taller than Skyshadow. Is this a thing we knew? I don't recall seeing a side by side comparison before.
    Pretty sure you'll find that most of that is the way the feet are positioned - with Skyshadow being flatfooted and Overlord having platforms.

Surely those high heels don't make it that much taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's mentioned in the instructions of the Japanese toy. So I guess we should know it. But whether people follow that or not in the pictures is another thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Surely those high heels don't make it that much taller.
    The high heels add maybe 1-1.5cm height. I didn't do anything to make OL seem bigger than he should be.

The high heel feet configuration adds height but sacrifices stability. I prefer the Hasbro transformation with the flat feet.

Great thing is, we have a choice for personal preference. I too prefer the stability of flatfootedness. But to display, I'll probably give him the extra height coz I won't be able to see the feet anyway on my display

Looks alright I guess but I don't dig the sculpt style.