Thread: Movie Toys: Top Ten

Default Movie Toys: Top Ten

Since it's only a matter of a very short amount of time before our wallets are assaulted by Animated, let's make a top ten list of the line that's assaulted our wallets for the past year, the movie line.

This counts toys exclusively made for the Movie line, so none of the repaints from the Unicron Trilogy that got shoved in count.

Since that essentially cuts my collection down to four, I can't exactly make a top 10 (heck, overall my collection doesn't exceed double digits), so I'll just make a rough list.

1) Wreckage. For once, he's not a dark colour, he's not a junkpile with legs, and he has the coolest weapons of all the movie line.

2) Bonecrusher. He's Bonecrusher. 'Nuff said.

3) AllSpark Barricade. Really nice vehicle mode, conveys the movie aesthetic the best of all the toys, and he's essentially the only AllSpark Power repaint toy who's redeco clashes with his colours. Oh yeah, and Frenzy.

10) Brawl. He sucks. Nice robot mode, nice tank mode, ARGH THE SHOULDERS. Essentially, the shoulders, the legs, and the way the automorph works turn him into a brick.

We did this before, but it's on the old board, but I love this kind of thing, and my list has potentially changed a bit too:

1. Ironhide
    2. Bumblebee Concept Camaro
    3. Leader Prime. Tubby robot mode, but amazing transformation and alt mode. He grew on me a lot. (I have Takara version)
    4. Longarm. Awesome robot mode. Super poseable and just plain badass.
    5. Landmine. Same as longarm, but I'm not into the 4-eyed, hockey goalie head.
    6. Bonecrusher. A personal favorite. Thought the scene with him was the best in the movie, so I'm partial.
    7. Protoform Prime - I'm partial to shellformers and the robot's articulation is awesome.
    -- I'm struggling after these --
    Tied for 8th:
    8. Voyager Prime - Robot mode is considerably better than Leader version, even though the backpack sucks. Scale is a bit off too.
    8. Incinerator - Great alt mode. Very solid. Pretty clever transformation too. (I have Takara version)
    8. Ratchet - He's no Ironhide, but his alt mode is solid. He needs to go to weight watchers with Leader Prime.

And here's the worst (Megatrons are not even acknowledged):
    1. Arcee
    2. Dreadwing
    3. Swindle

Personally I could not find positive things to say for 10 movie figures. No figure from the line is perfect thanks to weak automorphs and terrible (really pathetic) paint apps.

1. Wreckage
    2. Ironhide
    3. Ratchet (preferably Rescue)
    4. Landmine
    5. 08 Bumblebee
    6. Dropkick
    7. Longarm
    8. Leader Prime
    9. Voyager Prime
    10. Barricade

And even then I would not really recommend the last 2 figures to any non collectors.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And even then I would not really recommend the last 2 figures to any non collectors.
    I kinda sorta agree with you on Barricade. He's fun, but he's a bit weird. Pretty the only reason I got him was because I could shove the toy in people's faces and yell "ARE YOU EBAY USER LADIESMAN217!?!" at them.