• No

0 0%
  • Only if

2 3.92%
  • Zero Interest

1 1.96%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-17 Masterpiece Prowl

I've picked up mine already without the cannon. Don't really mind. Nice mode, at least, I can clearly see the logo! The Limbo is a QC fail, there is no way I can see a clear logo in any one of them. For this one, it is nice and clear, maybe the logo is a lot easier to print I suppose.

Just got him.

He has some of the same issues as sideswipe...no car seats or steering wheel! Also his doors can't be opened without shifting his legs out a bit...better than swipe though, as there's no option to lift up his doors that's aesthetically pleasing.

He's soo white! whiter then metroplex! I hope he can stay that way!

Love his transformation, very g1 esque and also very much like masterpiece grimlock where the top transformation is easy and similar to g1 but his legs are a whole new ball game.

His shoulder cannons could have been done better. I've no idea what purpose they serve in car mode...but they could have moulded it like they did with the classics prowl instead of these weird pipes that can be slightly extended to look better on the side.

He also has good head articulation! Not as good as mp 10 prime but at least he can look up unlike metroplex.

just had a go with my friends one ... my still coming
    he is quiet nice... the shoulder cannon are the same as the cartoon in which the image they trying to capture ... there a pic of it on the instruction sheet.
    now to the negative ... i found that the door window stay on his feet abit odd , i rather it just stay with the door it might make it better looking as yoshi stated that with a little fold of the door up didn't make it any better.. And this one a major one for me ..is that there a peg sticking in on the inside of his angle that just get in the way....
    overall i like him as both robot and alt mode looks really good , very accurate cartoon look of the robot mode with good articulation and the detail in car mode is superb .

More pics for those still lacking Found a few more niggling flaws, but I still love this guy.

Hold!

Side view

Rear view

What did you say?!

Your defeat is only logical.

Rollin out

Group shot
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I just had a fiddle with mine. This guy is amazing. Everything clicks together solidly and just looks 'right'.

Love your pics Trent. Can't wait for mine

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    He has some of the same issues as sideswipe...no car seats or steering wheel! Also his doors can't be opened without shifting his legs out a bit...better than swipe though, as there's no option to lift up his doors that's aesthetically pleasing.
    Realistic interior and working doors would be nice but they are not something Masterpiece focuses on. More importantly the budget doesn't allow for these. These "less known" characters are priced at lower end for a reason

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks very nice, I'm looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks along with Streak. It's a shame the roof/windscreen backpack looks so prominent when viewed from the side. It's probably about the same as MP-12/14, but the long chest on Prowl accentuate the size and the folded in windows on the Lambor mould make it look less gappy.

Including a realistic interior would waste a lot of space and most likely compromise the look of the robot. Even if the interior could somehow fold up and collapse for robot mode, there wouldn't be any room for all the robot parts in alt mode!

Question - For those that have already received theirs through RK, did you get an email prior saying it had been shipped? Cheers.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Question - For those that have already received theirs through RK, did you get an email prior saying it had been shipped? Cheers.
    Yep. And welcome back.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Love the views of shots Trent.... the let down of the toy is the rear view - too much gaps and hollow parts showing, especially the legs... ah well, not gonna shoot from a rear view perspective then heheh

@Gok - not those cannons. but some tube like ones that are part of the figure itself. Those cannons are the exclusive accessories I know and have seen the SG based posters in FB have been saying...never mind I found it. hehehe. Cheers...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]